Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - IC

Voda Vosa

First Post
Olaf also stays back. It would be pointless to threat the goblin further if they expected any cooperation. Besides, a hulking mul is threat enough. The warrior stands at the ready.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"They are expecting someone- but not us, maybe. Might be a few townsfolk- who can say. We need to move in, if we're going." Kadlin's voice is calm and resolute. "If we are going to not kill this creature, we send him in front to check for traps and ambush- but gagged, so he cannot call out, and leashed, so he cannot run." It is only as she finished speaking that she seemed to notice the soft push of air from the runestatue, and she turned to look more closely...

[sblock= OOC]
>Perception check, area around the runestatue; 1d20+9= 13; roll Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Cor Azer

First Post
The goblin looks puzzlingly at the runestatue, and you best describe its reaction as a disinterested shrug. "Not know. Strange statue there first; tribe never have good luck messing with statues - tribe don't touch 'em."

The slight breeze gently tossing Kjula's thread about is warm, escaping from whatever lies behind and beyond the runestatue out towards the open shaft of the forsaken well.

After listening to Kadlin, the goblin nods, in understanding if not eager agreement. "No, not you specifically. Tribe expected some response, but didn't know who would come." He scrunches his nose at the idea of being trapbait. "No traps, believe or not. Guards, yes. But no traps. We walk these paths too. Tunnel leads down to big chamber - big pool. Mostly fed by part of waterfall - hole behind big outside waterfall splash water back into caves. Big pool empties down long river gallery, leads to warren. Above pool is upper chamber - bridge probably pulled up now. Has canoes for river gallery. Guardroom beside pool too." He pauses to think, looking like he's counting something. "Sergeant and four guards in room. Kjek - he a hexer - and 10 archers behind bridge. Usually."

The goblin looks for approval from Dossk. "I big fan of having legs."

As if a light went off in its mind, the goblin squeaks, "Oh! Don't drink water! Kjek put stuff in water. Purple stuff. Makes non-goblins sick."

Someone

Adventurer
The slight breeze gently tossing Kjula's thread about is warm, escaping from whatever lies behind and beyond the runestatue out towards the open shaft of the forsaken well.

OOC: I understand is something coming from the V-11 or W-12 squares in the combat map, not the cave's exit we know. In that case I'll examine the wall in those places more carefully...

...though I doubt I'll be finding anything soon

Pentius

First Post
Noting Kjula's efforts, and not wholly approving of the road the party has begun to walk, Satoshi throws himself into investigating the walls. "Did you see something over here, my friend?"

[sblock=mechanics]1d20+9=14 Where dice fail, bonuses carry us onward to mediocrity.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"Did you see something over here, my friend?"

"I'm afraid I didn't, Satoshi sama. But" he says lowering his voice "the goblin lies when he says the statues are unimportant. I saw them carefully smearing one runestatue with blood in the surface - they must have some magic."

"I don't believe he can be trusted or be useful at all." continues whispering.

Cor Azer

First Post
I saw them carefully smearing one runestatue with blood in the surface - they must have some magic.

OOC: Just to clarify - the goblin above ground did not "carefully smear blood" on a runestatue. He leaned against one to catch his breath and left a smear behind... I'm all for players speculating on what their characters haven't witnessed, but like to try to keep them accurate on what they have.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Just to clarify - the goblin above ground did not "carefully smear blood" on a runestatue. He leaned against one to catch his breath and left a smear behind... I'm all for players speculating on what their characters haven't witnessed, but like to try to keep them accurate on what they have.

OOC: I misread it then, or didn't remember exactly the post, or both. Ignore my previous post, then

Remove ads