• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Land of Syrael OOC

penance

First Post
IC post up..... Heres a tip; you probably don't want to waste time. :D

Now, did I read that right, Al? you walked all the way through the cave and dropped off Carper at the front?

*shrugs*

penance said:
IC post up..... Heres a tip; you probably don't want to waste time. :D

Now, did I read that right, Al? you walked all the way through the cave and dropped off Carper at the front?

*shrugs*

No, that's what he was planning to do once he got down with the backpack. Silverdrake's command to run just aborted that - they're going up through the chimney, dangling a rope behind them in case anyone wants to try to go out through the same exit. (Or if the watermarks aren't so high and they just need to get 10 feet off the ground, but Luhal isn't aware of that reason.)

-Albert

penance

First Post
well, now that you mention it, Luhal notices some watermarks just below the level where the backpack is; it would have been a good idea to type that into the IC, i guess. :p

Alright, here are some figures if Penance wants to use them:

Going up a rope with a wall to brace against is DC 5 if you're moving at 1/4 speed, or DC 10 if you're moving at 1/2 speed (ie, 15' per round). If the rope-climbers can take 10, and the wave arrives at the end of the second round of Luhal's meddling, the only person in any danger is the last climber (Iando), who might still be too low to avoid the - well, waves is too calm a term for the turbulence this river tsunami will generate.

The guys with Spiderclimb, Heclar and Luhal, can do 20' per round from the time they start up the wall. Assuming Heclar takes a round to sort out what he needs to do (no offense intended, it's just that a hawk swooped down and turned into Luhal, who then cast a pagan spell on him and started barking orders, and I assume this is a bit startling), both Heclar and Luhal can be up 15-20 feet by the end of the second round.

I _think_ everyone's safe, if only by a fingernail.

-Albert

penance

First Post
:D thanks for the numbers.

And just out of curiousity, I'd like some feedback. This being my first forum-based rpg, I'm just wondering if any of you have thoughts/comments/suggestions on my writing style, posting time, etc....

Thanks. :)

*shrugs* I'm enjoying myself, although I hope I'm not hogging scene time too much.

Hmmm . . . hey, Cerubus666, it's been about a few weeks since you posted. Are you still interested in playing?

-Albert

jkason

First Post
I'm enjoying it overall, though I will say I'm not the biggest fan of the separate battle thread. It seems like extra work (and is a little confusing) moving action between two threads (then re-posting it later in the regular thread). As long as the crunch is in sblocks, it seems to me the "story flow" isn't really negatively impacted by keeping the combat posts in the regular thread. But I can go with it either way.

jason

penance

First Post
Well guys, with finals approaching and work building up, my posts are going to become rather sporadic. :p a lot of the other threads are slowing down too, which is too bad. Anyways, i'll try to get a couple of posts in, and we will resume the normal schedule of around 3-4 a week once we hit january. Is that a problem for anyone?

Remove ads