Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn negotiations]

Yeah, ok, go ahead with those readied actions, Capizzio and Kerlan, just beore the Xorn's attack. And everybody roll initiative just in case the Xorn survives that onslaught.

OOC: The board is doing weird stuff to my maps. The diagonal lines are not translating and my "<--" appears as a "?". I've tried to fix it three times tonight. I give up for now. Just imagine diagonal lines connecting the walls by filling in the blanks on the map, and imagine an arrow pointing west where the question mark is. I'll try more later. *sigh* Fixed, sorta. **double sigh**

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Underdark Map - Xorn 1.xls
    9.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova

OOC: init roll and Knowledge Check--How much does Francheska know about Xorn?
[sblock=Spells Today]
Force Missile (Sp-E) Damage: 1d4+3; Remaining Today: 7
0: 4: Resistance; Detect Magic; Mending; Prestidigitation;
1: 4 +1 + 1 (E): Forcewave (E); Identify; Kaupaer's Skittish Nerves (E); Magic Missile (E); Magic Missile (E); Shield
2: 4 +1 +1 + 1 (E): Aganazzar's Scorcher (fire E); Fireburst (fire E); Scorching Ray (fire E);
Scorching Ray (fire E); See Invisibility; Whirling Blade; Knock
3: 3 + 1 + 1 (E): Greater Mage Armor; Scintillating Sphere (E); Fireball (fire E);
Fireball (fire E); Elemental Aura (E)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn negotiations]

OOC: Holy man has quite these boards.
OOC: I heard that, but I didn't believe it. Oh, well, looks like I'm back to NPCing Simeon until he comes back. Drat the luck. Oh, and Kerlan, better check that map again and use your good eyes this time. ;)

OOC: I know, I know, the map was totally whapperjawed before. Not ENTIRELY my fault, really. Anyway, it's fixed now. Kinda, sorta.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cappi's finger raises up and a ray of intensely cold blue shoots to the Xorn.

[sblock=the spell info]
Ray of Ice
School: Evocation [Cold]
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Ray
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: Yes
Description:
You launch a ray of numbing cold at your enemy. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray to strike a target. If successful, the ray deals 1d6 points of cold damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d6).

The target must also make a Reflex save or be frozen to the ground with its feet encased in ice. A frozen creature cannot move, receives no Dexterity bonus to AC, and incurs a –2 penalty on attack rolls. A frozen creature can free itself with a DC 18 Strength check or by dealing 15 points of damage to the ice. [/sblock]

need dc 16 reflex from the Xorn, Please.
attack is vs touch

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn battle]

Xorn's Ref save=16, EXACTLY! So Vyg isn't frozen to the ground.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn battle]

DC 19 Ref save against Manyjaws: 21 SUCCESS! :) Cappy's touch attack hit exactly, btw. The angry Xorn reaches out to claw Kelan (whom he just bit for 15 hp damage, too, btw -- see post 359), Tylara, and Manny. Missed Manny, but hit both Ty (5 hp damage) and Kerlan (5 more hp damage for 20 total).

Manny actually had the best initiative, but we kinda skipped him (sorry Mowgs). He can go anytime now as can Fran and Ty. Fran knows that Xorns are from the Elemental Plane of Earth and can move through earth just like a fish through water, but they leave no sign of their passage as they move. The postioning of their eyes means that they can never be surprised, but they have some particular vulnerability to spells that have a direct effect on earth.

OOC: If somebody wants to roll for Simeon the Half-Orc (nee Orc) Ranger, then by all means, be my flippin' guest! :p

Last edited:

Remove ads