Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova HP 42/42 AC 14/T 13/FF 11

Francheska steps back 5 feet and casts Magic Missiles at the Xorn.

OOC: 3 magic missiles 3 x (1d4+1) +3 Intense Spells (E-Su); Francheska has moved to CC152

[sblock=Spells Today]
Pearl of Power L1: not used today
Force Missile (Sp-E) Damage: 1d4+3; Remaining Today: 7
0: 4: Resistance; Detect Magic; Mending; Prestidigitation;
1: 4 +1 + 1 (E): Forcewave (E); Identify; Kaupaer's Skittish Nerves (E); Magic Missile (E); Magic Missile (E); Shield
2: 4 +1 +1 + 1 (E): Aganazzar's Scorcher (fire E); Fireburst (fire E); Scorching Ray (fire E);
Scorching Ray (fire E); See Invisibility; Whirling Blade; Knock
3: 3 + 1 + 1 (E): Greater Mage Armor; Scintillating Sphere (E); Fireball (fire E);
Fireball (fire E); Elemental Aura (E)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn battle]

The Xorn bristles in pain at Francheska's magic missile attack. Kerlan's spell is less than totally effective, since the Xorn rolled a 21 for his DC 19 save but it does have some small impact on the Xorn, and Capizzio's Ray of Ice strikes the Xorn, but does not appear to slow it down even a little. Simeon's attacks are all failures to connect. The Xorn then bites Kerlan for a total of 15 damage as stated below (See #359) and claws Kerlan for 5 more hp damage and also claws Simeon for 5 hp damage. The third claw attack against Manny misses. (see #370 for claw attacks.) Tylara and Manny are now up.

Kerlan: -20 hp damage
Simeon: 72 hp -5 (Xorn claw)

OOC: I have re-rolled the Xorn's hp, so the number below is wrong, and yes it is too low. I have the correct number recorded in a safe place. We'll await Manny's and Tylara's actions and then begin round 2 with the wizards taunting attacking a second time. Post now fixed for immunity to cold, also.

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Underdark Map - Xorn 2.xls
    9.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: OK, so it seems he has a resistance to cold. My spell is a Force effect and would do half damage on a save so that's a little more. Not sure how the Xorn would take less damage from a Magic Missile though. It's not subject to DR and has no save. Unless he has Spell Resistance, but that would resist the entire spell, not just part of it.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Son of a gun, you're right. Will make the adjustment. Post 373 fixed now, carry on.

OOC: *sigh* Ok NOW it's fixed. Can I go to bed now, Kerlan?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!

Leif

Adventurer

[sblock=OOC: Mowgli]
I have an issue with Relós' attack - the slashing/piercing damage will not overcome the Xorn's DR, but the cold damage should not be reduced, the way I understand it. But from your roll, I can't tell what the specific value of the cold component is. The whole attack as it now stands will only do a single hp of damage, but if you can dissect the damage roll and tell me, with good links to IC attached as proof, how much was done by cold, it may well be more than 1.

Yes, it's 2 as he confirms in the next post.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Leif]The cold damage was the 1d6, so 2 points (the link in my previous post for Relos' damage breaks it down). So it's not DR/Magic, then, as all of Relos' natural attacks count as Magic. Hmmm.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Tylara is up and then next round.

Last edited:

Remove ads