Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn battle]

OOC: Shhhh! Keep it down, Kerlan, you remind me of Sebruce! :heh: He's having major RL issues. I trust he'll get to us as soon as he can. :)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Ooooooohhhhhhhhh [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] !!!!!!!

OOC: Thanks for the heads up. I've been dealing with a huge expansion at work compounded by the fact that the state is has been visiting our program for our annual quality review for the last week. Fortunately, we got top marks and we are done adding new clients for a while, so I should be able to return to a more or less normal routine. I apologize to all for my extended absence. Post coming shortly.

Scotley

Hero
With a sharp gesture and an incantation that is practically a shout, Tylara pelts the strange foe with another fusillade of force missiles.

Leif

Adventurer

Manny fails to connect with his wee spear, but Relós tears into the beast with fang and claw, which appears to severely irritate the Xorn. Tylara conjures missiles of force which take a significant toll on the creature. The Xorn swipes at Relós with one claw, strikes at Manny with another, and strikes at Kerlan again with the third. The bite attack is directed towards Manny this time.

Xorn Attack results: Relos is clawed for 7 hp damage, Manny is missed by both claw and bite, and Kerlan is clawed for 7 hp damage.

WIZARDS AND SIMEON ARE UP AGAIN

[sblock=Mowgli]
I have been all over Manny's post in the RG and on OP. Nowhere can I find stats for the eidolon. I NEED to be able to see these, please, since there is significant variance amongst various summoners' eidolons, according to the APG. In light of the fact that I can't access these stats, the attack on the eidolon is hereby ruled to be a HIT, and will inflict the FULL HP DAMAGE regardless of any DR that the eidolon may or may not have, unless that would make the blow fatal, in which case it will leave the eidolon with 2 hp remaining.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Underdark Map - Xorn 3.xls
    9.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova HP 41/41 AC 14/T 13/FF 11

Round 2:
Francheska draws her sword and again casts Magic Missile at the Xorn.

OOC: 3 magic missiles 3 x (1d4+1) +3 Intense Spells (E-Su); Francheska remains in place

[sblock=Spells Today]
Pearl of Power L1: not used today
Force Missile (Sp-E) Damage: 1d4+3; Remaining Today: 7
0: 4: Resistance; Detect Magic; Mending; Prestidigitation;
1: 4 +1 + 1 (E): Forcewave (E); Identify; Kaupaer's Skittish Nerves (E); Magic Missile (E); Magic Missile (E); Shield
2: 4 +1 +1 + 1 (E): Aganazzar's Scorcher (fire E); Fireburst (fire E); Scorching Ray (fire E); Scorching Ray (fire E); See Invisibility; Whirling Blade; Knock
3: 3 + 1 + 1 (E): Greater Mage Armor; Scintillating Sphere (E); Fireball (fire E); Fireball (fire E); Elemental Aura (E)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark Quest - The Vault of Larin Karr [Xorn Battle]

Simeon again attacks with scimitar (twice) and shield bash (not bask). He hits with the first scimitar attack (both times even!) for 2 hp damage, and with his shield bash for 6 hp damage, for a total of 8 14 hp damage to the Xorn. One of the Xorn's three legs appears to be about ready to fold up underneath him.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cappi .. .. .. ..
OOC: ok now I got it!
Raises his hand and watches the xorn fall dead.

OOC: sorry all- got distracted at Midway, Mo today.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan takes a step back from the Xorn to relative safety and casts a spell. Knives spring up around him, floating in the air. He sends one speeding forth, attacking the Xorn. He then concentrates for a split second and teleports 10' due east getting further away from his attacker.
OOC: I think that Simeon's shield bash actually does 2d6+4 damage. At least that's what the sheet says. His Scimitar damage should also be +3 due to his STR bonus. Seems that's wrong on his sheet.

[SBLOCK=Kerlan's Current Status]Location: ?-?
Initiative: ?
HP: 19/46
AC: 18, FF: 15, Touch: 13
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +3/+4/+8
Speed: 30'

Active Spells:
Mage Armor (+4 Armor, 8 Hours)

Available Options:
Pearl of Power, 1st lvl (2/2)
Acid Dart, 1d6+2 dmg (9/9)
Abrupt Jaunt, teleport 10' (6/6)
Arcanist's Gloves, +2 CL 1st lvl (1/2)
Empowered Spellshard [Kelgore's Fire Bolt] (3/3)
Healing Belt, 2d8 healing (3/3)

Beguiler Spell Slots Left:
0th (DC 15): 5
1st (DC 16): 5 4
Spell List: 0th: Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Open/close, Read Magic. 1st: Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self, Expeditious Retreat, Hypnotism, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Rouse, Silent Image, Sleep, Undetectable Alignment, Whelm.

Wizard Spells Left:
0th (DC 16): Launch Bolt, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, (Caltrops), (Acid Splash), (x)
1st (DC 17): Fist of Stone, Benign Transposition, Persistent Blade, Shield, (Wall of Smoke), (Kelgore's Fire Bolt), (Kelgore's Fire Bolt)
2nd (DC 18): Arcane Turmoil, Flaming Sphere, Sculpted Burning Hands, (Web), (Cloud of Knives), (Glitterdust)
3rd (DC 19): Manyjaws, (Stinking Cloud), (Extended Rope Trick), (Sculpted Glitterdust)
[/SBLOCK]

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Thanks for the correct shield damage for Simeon, Kerlan. I adjusted his damage inflicted to take that and the increased Str bonus into account.

After Francheska's, Simeon's, and Kerlan's attacks this round, the Xorn belches loudly, spews blood from its mouth, and falls dead.

[sblock=XP!]
425 xp each!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

[sblock=OOC Capizzio]
No harm, no foul, DeWar. Just one of those things. You don't have to mark the MM spell as used for Capizzio, since your edit was after the Xorn's demise.
[/sblock]

Remove ads