• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A visit with Father Kedric

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

Yoshiki gives Father Kedric a long bow. "And I am Yoshiki Akita. I come to help those in need." As he takes the offered seat, "Do you have a need that we may be able to help with?" He glances at the cleric. "Ariel here speaks highly of you."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel takes a seat and rests her longspear against the wall to have some tea.

"Good day to you, Father Kedric. I met some stalwart adventurers over at the Dunn Wright Inn and we are curious if you have learned anything from the barghest or those papers you were looking over for Pari and his companions."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The middle aged-priest smiles politely as you introduce yourselves, nodding as you offer your services.

SirKedric.jpg

Jael replies, "Ahh, that evil creature is yet unconscious. We are keeping it secured in dungeon cell until we have decided what to do with it. It is almost a pity that it wasn't killed in the fighting. It is true evil, there is no redeeming it."

"A barghest feeds on humanoid corpses, devouring both flesh and life force. After a few feedings it grows stronger, increasing in brute strength and becoming even harder to kill."

"Not only can it change shape into a goblin or a worg, it can do some minor teleportation magic. Since it might easily get loose once it awakes, we have not yet determined a strategy for interrogating it."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"A vexing problem indeed. I have heard that there are circles of protection that could restrain such a creature, though I do not know that magic. Would such a circle serve?" asks Larissa.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

Yo seems perplexed by the man's statement. "But if you know the creature to be evil and if it is so dangerous, why do you wish to interrogate it?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

"Have you thought of releasing it?" Markas says offhandedly.

When the incredible looks start coming in his direction he hurriedly adds, "So you could track it back to it's master or accomplices."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas
Initiative: +1
AC: 17 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 (20 vs. Trips and Grappling)
Fort:
+6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2 (+5 vs. Fear)
Conditions if Effect:prone

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Consumables:
torches: 4
rations: 4
pitons: 4
brooch of shielding (101)
potion-stabilize(lvl0)
potion-cure light(lvl1)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The middle aged-priest does his best to acknowledge your questions and answers each in turn.

SirKedric.jpg

"A circle would certainly be useful, perhaps. An anti-magic field would stop the creature from blinking or levitating. But, alas, these types of things are not available among those of us of the Order."

"A barghest would be almost a difficult to follow as this flying fiend that fled from the others. It would be able to shift through the dimensions, go through walls and levitate. Unless you have somethings specific in mind, I am not sure that would be a prudent course of action."

"And, the plan could go horribly wrong. Instead of leading you anywhere, the creature could lurk and hunt people in the city, growing stronger as it devoured their souls. I am afraid the Order would execute it before taking that chance."

"Really, the only information we think the creature might have is who is behind the plot of trying to steal our patriach's relic. But, it is entirely possible that the creature knows less than what is in the captured dispatches."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

Markas keeps quiet as the poor Father already has enough questions thrown at him. The warrior wonders if this same relic is something others might seek out as well, just like this barghest and his masters.

Remove ads