[LPF] Tower of the Black Pearl (DM: Deuce Traveler)

Gorgon Heap

First Post
"I'm not sure. I haven't tried. But the room is not so big."

She takes a rope and begins working something out...

OOC: What does the ceiling look like? Is it flat stone or are there buttresses or anything? What about the statue itself? I gather it has appendages - something that can be wrapped around (though I don't know quite how we'd do that)?

Gorgon Heap

First Post
OOC: After all these years I just thought of a great use for a Bag of Tricks - diverting a floorfull of snakes with tasty little animal snacks while somebody dashes for the Pearl.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The heroes do not see any levers or any other device that may affect the water level. Nor do they see any buttresses that can be used, and the walls look to be made of smoothed granite stone, so an arrow would have to be specially made to pierce and hold. On the other hand, the statue does have several extended appendages that could be lassoed, including its two clawed arms, wings and neck.

OOC: I am assuming you are walking through the portal and into the chamber, since you are trying to survey the area.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
OOC: Hum. Using a rope as a lasso is a skill I should actually have (culturally speaking), but I've no idea how that'd work in the game mechanics, especially without Use Rope. Suggestions, DM?

Grayn

First Post
Thuk grabs the end of the rope and looks for something to wrap it around; if none can be found, he pulls it tight.

OOC: I am assuming holding the rope while someone climbed across would be similar to maximum overhead lifting, which would be 350lbs for Thuk and probably more if there is something to secure it to. It should cover Lightfeather climbing across, especially if Garadh assists, unless you want some sort of roll.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The lasso snags easily on the statue's raised head and neck. The three of you holding it taught can keep it level a few feet above the swirling waters.

OOC: If Lightfeather decides to cross and grab the pearl, then I'll allow it with no Strength check needed.

Remove ads