Male Gendered Lupine Hivemind Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sorry, I just really hate the way WotC handled Psionics in 3rd ed. I actually preferred second edition in this regard. Fancy that.
Have you read the 3.5 version? It rocks (3.0 Psionics was terrible though)

What's the Beguiling Influence Incantation?
It gives a warlock a typeless +6 to the three skills I mentioned if you take it.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rystil Arden said:

It gives a warlock a typeless +6 to the three skills I mentioned if you take it.
Oh, oh, gotcha. I thought that was the Psionic paragraph and was confused.

Actually, I liked 3.0 Psionics better.

Kemrain

First Post
Rystil Arden said:

I've looked, and I just don't like how the powers work, how manefesting them works, or really any of it. It's not for me at all. And it's not because it's psychic and psychic stuff is SciFi not Fantasy. I don't mind psychic stuff at all. It's the mechanics that make me want to swallow razorblades and battery acid.

- Kemrain the Indigested.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Oh, oh, gotcha. I thought that was the Psionic paragraph and was confused.

Really? It was so clunky...not to mention that tying each discipline to a separate ability score was seriously a bad idea.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kemrain said:
I've looked, and I just don't like how the powers work, how manefesting them works, or really any of it. It's not for me at all. And it's not because it's psychic and psychic stuff is SciFi not Fantasy. I don't mind psychic stuff at all. It's the mechanics that make me want to swallow razorblades and battery acid.

- Kemrain the Indigested.
Odd. 3.5 Psionics are very similar to Elements of Magic casting. I've read both thanks to my free copy of EoMR, and I like 3.5 Psionics better.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rystil Arden said:
Really? It was so clunky...not to mention that tying each discipline to a separate ability score was seriously a bad idea.
Your 'clunky' is my 'color'. ;) I thought that went a long way towards making psionics unique and dependent on one's own body/abilities. Now it's all Int? Bah.

I think Spirit Shamans and Favored Souls are weak classes for MAD, though. I don't see why they have it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Your 'clunky' is my 'color'. ;) I thought that went a long way towards making psionics unique and dependent on one's own body/abilities. Now it's all Int? Bah.

I think Spirit Shamans and Favored Souls are weak classes for MAD, though. I don't see why they have it.
Your 'clunky' is my 'color'. I thought that went a long way towards making psionics unique and dependent on one's own body/abilities. Now it's all Int? Bah.
I thought it was cool at first, but in practise it was awful for several reasons. For one, people who wanted to play versatile psions were screwed from the beginning because they had to have good scores in all 6 stats just to cast all the disciplines. For two, using Strength for Egoist powers (which were often powerful buffs to make you even stronger), led to massively powerful melee egoists (this still exists to a much lesser extent with the 3.5 Psychic Warriors who retained those buffs, though at least Strength isn't the ability score of choice)

Kemrain

First Post
I like EoMr because I can do anything with it. We've modded it in my game right now so that a Mage can cast spells from any spell list, they simply pay 2x the spell list's MP cost and have that doubled cost applied to their MP limit. Of course, you can't have them as signature spells unless you have the list. It's broken compared to core or even normal EoM, but it works for us. So versatile.

- Kemrain the Borken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads