Planescape Manual of the Planes for 5e on DMSGuild

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning. It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com I love the special thanks. This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new...

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning.

Manual of the Planes. An invaluable, definitive work on the most fascinating aspect of the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game

It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 9.37.13 PM.png

I love the special thanks.

This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new horizons for the latest generation of planewalkers, bashers, berks, and touts. We’d also like to thank the giants on whose shoulders we stand when writing this book: Justice Ramin Arman, Richard Baker, Wolfgang Baur, David “Zeb” Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, Jeff Grubb, David Noonan, F. Wesley Schneider, Rick Swan, and all others who helped create and cultivate Planescape and the planes.

I've just bought it and am reading it now.

Here is the table of contents.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.18.51 PM.png

Incenjucar

Legend
Any highlights? Low-lights? Feel free to PM if you'd like.
I'll ping you with some notes after I have some time to mentally digest and verify that I read things correctly.

For now, suffice it to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit; much more than the official PS stuff for 5E. I found myself with moments of "ooh I can homebrew something for that place" and it was actually extremely helpful for giving me some perspective on my own work as kind of a "what would the things I'm working on feel about this plane/town/character" way. It's also quite grand seeing the whole narrative of the planes all at once like that, and made me wonder about how one would play D&D at the level of the archfiends and archomentals and such.

afroakuma

Explorer
I'll ping you with some notes after I have some time to mentally digest and verify that I read things correctly.

For now, suffice it to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit; much more than the official PS stuff for 5E. I found myself with moments of "ooh I can homebrew something for that place" and it was actually extremely helpful for giving me some perspective on my own work as kind of a "what would the things I'm working on feel about this plane/town/character" way. It's also quite grand seeing the whole narrative of the planes all at once like that, and made me wonder about how one would play D&D at the level of the archfiends and archomentals and such.

That alone is already tremendous feedback. It's very gratifying to know I've helped inspire ideas.

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
Question for folks who have bought the supplement: have you found it to be more useful from a player's perspective or from a DM's? What material do you find more engaging or important?

Incenjucar

Legend
Question for folks who have bought the supplement: have you found it to be more useful from a player's perspective or from a DM's? What material do you find more engaging or important?
It's campaign setting info, so inherently DM-centric (unless you're playing a very canny cutter), but comes with a section for every single plane that gives players character concept seeds for characters from that location, so players are included in every section.

Remove ads

Remove ads