Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

dmcfee

First Post
Maxwell Helmdig

"How did you end up in that chunk of rock? And why did you end up getting sent somewhere you didn't know? You are welcome to come with me until you figure out what you want to do but you should start thinking about that pretty soon."

Max drives the girl back to the Hotel and rents another room for her.

"Before you go to our rooms, I just realized I didn't get your name."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
August 2, 2003

Rich said:
“Yeah, I’ve deal with some stuff like this before. Nothing like this, but similar stuff. I could try to lift this door, see what’s behind it.”

"Nah, no need to lift it yet," Marcus commented to Rich, "I'll take a look inside without opening the door . . . "

Ms Steele said:
At last she spoke up to answer Marcus’s question. “Y-yeah, there are a few other people in there…”

" . . . especially if there are any people in trouble. I'll be right back." Marcus moved toward the door . . .

OOC: Density Decrease (Intangibility), then move through the door

Rybaer

First Post
Watching Cloud again thanks Mr. Bell and then leaves the library. She returns home with the intention of doing just what she told Mr. Bell she would do - check the internet to see what else she could learn about the Greenwood Academy and the area around it. She will also tell her mother about the Academy and the possibility of a full scholarship.

Some of her internet searching will be quite specific. She is planning on Dreamwalking (astral projection) to the school tomorrow morning after her parents leave for work. When Dreamwalking to an unknown place, she makes a habit of finding good maps and memorizing as many landmarks as possible ahead of time.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
-James Dunbar
New York, New York
August 2, 2003

“Unfortunately, the details concerning travel are still being worked out. However, I should be able to let you know of them within the week. However, transportation in one for or another will be provided, and once you arrive for the open house, you are welcome to stay until classes begin the following week or you can return home for that week. So long as you are there for the beginning of classes, we are flexible.” Briefly, Mr. Bell rifled through his desk, looking through various folders. Satisfied that James had a copy of all of the necessary material, he closed the desk drawer. “I suppose the question is, what would you like to do?”

-Mai Hoshiko
Aug. 2, 2003
Tokyo, Japan

“I look forward to it, Mai-san,” Mr. Bell said, bowing slightly.

It was not a far walk from the school to the train station, and Hoshiko makes it there in only a few minutes. However, as she arrived she would notice that the train station seemed busier than usual. School children, mothers with their children, businessmen, all were packed into the train station, looking impatient, and Hoshiko soon found out why. The trains were not running.

-Maxwell Helmdig
Aynor, South Carolina
August 2 2003

“We were fleeing the Affinity, my family and I. We did not know how long the trip would be, so we all went into a cold sleep. But I do not know what happened to our ship… or to my family.” The girl looked down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. She then gave Max a small smile. “Thank you.”

The hotel does have a few rooms left, though the closest one Max would be able to get was several rooms away from his own. As he was checking in, he received a few strange looks from the hotel staff, especially when he asks the girl her name.

The girl looked at Max for a long moment, before smiling. “My name is Rinea. Rinea Silverstar.”

-Watching Cloud Rice
Madison, Wisconsin
August 2, 2003

Her mother is already at home when Cloud arrives, cooking dinner. When Cloud tells her the news, she is clearly quite delighted. “Oh, Cloud, that is wonderful! I am so happy for you.” As they talk, Cloud might notice that her mother was cooking an unusually large dinner for just the three of them.

Calinon

First Post
"No, no, no," Hoshiko grumbles to herself. She tries to make her way to the ticket station and ask what is holding up the trains, or at very least get close enough to read the electronic signs or overhear any possible explanations. If she can't find out why, she'll head to a phone and call her mother to let her know she'll be late, but not to worry.

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
-James Dunbar
New York, New York
August 2, 2003

“Unfortunately, the details concerning travel are still being worked out. However, I should be able to let you know of them within the week. However, transportation in one for or another will be provided, and once you arrive for the open house, you are welcome to stay until classes begin the following week or you can return home for that week. So long as you are there for the beginning of classes, we are flexible.” Briefly, Mr. Bell rifled through his desk, looking through various folders. Satisfied that James had a copy of all of the necessary material, he closed the desk drawer. “I suppose the question is, what would you like to do?”

James blinked slightly at the question. 'What would I like to do? Is he just asking about whether I want to stay that week?'

"Well, for that week..I'll likely stay at the academy."

'And thus save money on renting the apartment...if you can call that place an apartment. Not like I need it. I mean, it isn't like I've got an abundance of possessions. And the less money I spend...'

"If you mean in a more general sense..."

James shrugged rather than completing his sentance, the movement eloquent in its own right.

"At any rate..I'm sure you'll have no trouble letting me know about transportation. After all...you've proved you can find me when you need to."

A small smirk crosses James' face as he says the last words, remembering his threatening of Mr Bell on his arrival. James rises from his chair, evidently considering the meeting to be done with.

"There is nothing else?"

Rybaer

First Post
Watching Cloud, after enthusiastically telling her mother about the upcoming open house at Greenwood Academy, finally notices how much food her mother is cooking.

"Hey, that smells really good," Cloud says. "And it looks like enough for days of leftovers or company. Which is it? And do you need a hand?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
August 2, 2003

"WOW!" That guy just, like disappeared! This is great!

"Uh. hey big guy. Sorry, didn't catch your name. Mine's Jonn by the way. Anyway, you want to guard that door in case something happens fast?" This is crazy, one minute I'm going to an interview and the next I am busting into a lab with other powered people, to save lives! Not used to working with others though. Hope I don't sound bossy.

Jonn took off his tie and quickly threw it on the floor. He began to roll up his shirt sleeves as he spoke to Shannon. "Do you know how many people are in there? If something bad happens we need to know how many people to get out. Kinda like the fire department does when they go into a building."

dmcfee

First Post
Maxwell Helmdig

Max walks Rinea to her room and teaches her how to dial the phone to his room. He tells her to call him right away if she thinks anything is wrong.

"I'm still a little unclear on your situation. I don't know if we should be expecting trouble but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. After we have both had a night to rest we can think this through some more and come up with a plan. I think you are going to have to come with me on a few appointments I have, if you don't mind."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
-Mai Hoshiko
Aug. 2, 2003
Tokyo, Japan

It takes some time, but Hoshiko is finally able to make it to the ticket station. She is met by a young woman, who was quite frazzled in appearance. Before Hoshiko could open her mouth to speak, the woman bows and begins apologizing profusely for the delay. After a rather long apology, Hoshiko is finally able to ask why the trains were not running. “Apparently, someone with superpowers hijacked a train, and he’s threatening to do it again.” She gestured toward a nearby television, which was broadcasting the evening news.

-James Dunbar
New York, New York
August 2, 2003

“”Very well,” Mr. Bell said. When James stood up, he too got to his feet and moved around the desk to shake James’ hand. “I certainly will,” Mr. Dunbar, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I look forward to seeing you when school begins in a few weeks.”

-Watching Cloud Rice
Madison, Wisconsin
August 2, 2003

Busily, Mrs. Rice chopped vegetables for a salad, before combining them in a large bowl. “We’re having company, Cloud. Your father called a few minutes before you arrived to let me know that he is bringing a business associate home for dinner. Would you please set the table? Oh, and use the good china. Your father really wants to make a good impression.”

Marcus Stevens & Jonn Birkey
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
August 2, 2003

Marcus easily squeezes beneath the door, and finds himself on the other side of the metal barrier. There was no one to be seen in the hallway, and no voices could be heard. Other than the occasionally beeping noise made by one machine or another, not a sound could be heard.

The hallway was plain, with white linoleum floors, and plain white walls. Directly across from the door he had just come in through, he saw the observation window that he had observed earlier, though a metal shield now covered it. He could see four other similar shields that probably covered other observation windows. Ten feet to the left of each window was a door, reinforced with metal and neatly labeled with a number. Each door also had a key card reader and monitor, including the door he had just passed under. There were also closed doors at each end of the hallway.

-------------------------

“It’s Rich,” the other fellow replied. He listened intently to Jonn’s words, before nodding his head slightly. “Yeah, I’ll make sure nothing gets out.”

Shannon looked at Jonn for wide eyes for a moment. “Uh…. How many? Five. There are five scientists in there.”

-Maxwell Helmdig
Aynor, South Carolina
August 2 2003

It takes a few tries, but Rinea soon figures out how to use the telephone. She is quite pleased at how, just by dialing a few numbers, one could get a voice to come out of the strange earpiece. As Max talked, she began dialing numbers at random. “Rest? But I am not tired. I just woke up.” She soon became bored with the telephone, and began looking around the rest of the room. “I do not mind. What appointments will we be going to tomorrow?”

Remove ads