NFL Week 13

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Crothian said:
Or that Favre just can't do anything against the Eagles.....

After the discussions last week about how great he is (which I still believe) and how it's the great quarterbacks that win the tough games (can't get much tougher this year than Indy, Pitt, NE, or Philly this year, IMO), seeing Favre so thoroughly frustrated just seemed odd.

Crothian

First Post
Steelers win in a tough, physical, down to a 60 yard field goal that missed by about a foot to far right........I can breathe!!!! :D

Crothian

First Post
Mark said:
After the discussions last week about how great he is (which I still believe) and how it's the great quarterbacks that win the tough games (can't get much tougher this year than Indy, Pitt, NE, or Philly this year, IMO), seeing Favre so thoroughly frustrated just seemed odd.

Every now and again good QBs have bad days. I remember the playoff game that Marino through like 7 interceptions and Jacksonville just killed Miami. It doers look odd when you see the greats have those bad days......

Horishijin

First Post
Crothian said:
Steelers win in a tough, physical, down to a 60 yard field goal that missed by about a foot to far right........I can breathe!!!! :D

That Roethlisberger kid is the real deal. Much was said about Peyton Manning's rookie season several years back, and how poised and seasoned he looked, but the Steeler's rookie QB, with much fewer expectations, is just lighting up the field. And I am taking nothing away from Manning, who is looking like a Hall of Famer...

Crothian

First Post
Horishijin said:
That Roethlisberger kid is the real deal. Much was said about Peyton Manning's rookie season several years back, and how poised and seasoned he looked, but the Steeler's rookie QB, with much fewer expectations, is just lighting up the field. And I am taking nothing away from Manning, who is looking like a Hall of Famer...

No arguement. That fact that he's won 10 straight, only has 6 interceptions...a few too many sacks though....speaks volumes. He looks calm on the side line and just seems like he is comfortible even when pressured heavily. He did have less expectations coming into the league especially with Rivers and the other Manning being drafted ahead of him. But boy has he increased the expectations a thousand fold since he was drafted.

Felix

Explorer
HAIL to the Redskins!
HAIL, victory!
Braves on the warpath,
fight for 'ol D.C.!

Run or pass just score
we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, swamp 'em, touchdown
let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on,
'till you have won,
Sons of Wa-shing-ton!
RAH RAH RAH!

Gosh, it feels good to sing that after a game!

Now, keep Ramsey executing and the recievers catching for four more games like they were today, and give Dallas the Red-headed-stepchild treatment, and this'll turn into a satisfactory season!

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Felix said:
Gosh, it feels good to sing that after a game!

Now, keep Ramsey executing and the recievers catching for four more games like they were today, and give Dallas the Red-headed-stepchild treatment, and this'll turn into a satisfactory season!

Well, with Phili, Dallas, San Fran, and Minosota left they should win 2 possible 3 of them. But it'll take 4 straight wins to hit.500 and that doesn't look possible. Still, they had a great game today.

Felix

Explorer
Ah, but you forget, I've been conditioned through the "Just-Beat-Dallas" Norv Turner Redskins years. :) An 8-8 season isn't necessary for satisfactorytude.

Besides, the Washington defense held Philly close in the first half the last game. It was only when the Eagles offense stayed on the field so darn long due to Skin's offensive woes (including a QB not in a groove, and 3 third-down-play-should-have-been-caught-for-first-downs that recievers dropped) that the Eagles really started moving the ball on the Skins.

MY PREDICTION: If the Skins' Offense ends up with a 33:00 or more time of posession, the Skins will beat the Eagles next week.

Stone Angel

First Post
Man what a great day of ball!!!

I can't believe that Baltimore choked on their own turf. And everyone saw my boy Breeze do his thing. Thats my fellow Alum!!

I can't say enough about the Colts Viking game besides I ultimitely destroyed the mini I was working on during the first half and I am sure that Manning will destroy Marino's record. And obtain the only team ever to have 3 recievers with 10+ TD receptions. Believe in Blue.

Speaking of believing how about that Big Ben. I actually met him in a bar Miami about 2 or so years ago and he is tall! But I just can't get over the success he is having. At first I thought it was a fluke. And we will see the true colors next season but man can that boy pass on the run.

The Pats roll the Browns Brady actually tried to throw the ball deep and they kept on a goin and looked as potent as ever!

Eagle's just murdered the Pack uhhh that was just hard to watch. As much as I like McNaab and think he is a great QB don't get me started on TO if there was one person I could punch......

Who plays tommorow on MNF? Congrats to everyone and I just want you all to know both my fantasy leagues are miles ahead of everyone else. Do I smell $$$$$

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Remove ads