• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Of Wealth and Taste [OOC] [Accepting Alts]

Boddynock

First Post
So, never having done this before, is it appropriate for me to start designing a character as an alternate?

With all this talk of roleplay heavy and wandering adventurers (mercenaries) dealing with intrigue, I'm thinking more and more of a straight 'path (that's telepath, not psychopath, btw :) ). (Can't wait to get my teeth into the character generation!)

Oh, I've just read about the Psionic Body cap. Rats! :(

BTW, can anybody tell me how to turn on the smilies? They're not disabled but I still don't see them. Thanks Edit: Oh, OK, I've just found the page of codes!

'Nock

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Another quick question

I don't have the FR material, so I'm just seeking a little clarification.

Am I right in assuming that Psionic Prodigy means that, e.g., if my Psion has an INT 17, he would determine bonus power points as if he had an INT 19?

Is this a Psionic feat (for the purposes of Psionic Body) or not?

Thanks.

'Nock

Eluvan

First Post
Hmmm...

You're right about the ECL HP, consider the wording changed.

As for Psionic Body - I've seen some nasty stuff done with it. A Psychic Warrior, in particular, is likely have an awful lot of psionic feats (stuff like speed of thought, up the walls, psicrystal affinity, psicrystal containment, psychic weapon, mental leap, psychic meditation, deep impact, greater psychic weapons, and psionic body itself) and it can really add up. 1hp/character level is perhaps a better ruling though. Let's go with that.

Boddynock, feel free to go ahead and premake a character if you'd like. I can't guarantee that it'll see play, of course, but if it does then it would be useful to have it already written up. You assume right as to what Psionic Prodigy does, and yes it does count as a Psionic Feat.

Isida: That's an awful lot of 13s... a very unlucky character, perhaps? ;)

Ferrix: The rolls you linked to are straight 4d6, and I see that you then later rolled a set of 4d6, take highest 3. What happened?

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Eluvan said:
Isida: That's an awful lot of 13s... a very unlucky character, perhaps? ;)

Ferrix: The rolls you linked to are straight 4d6, and I see that you then later rolled a set of 4d6, take highest 3. What happened?

I used the dice roller the first time, rolling 4d6 seven times, taking the highest three from each roll on my own, since it shows you each individual roll. When I looked at Isida's I had forgotten that they had a roller specifically for stats and played with it once. The first roll is the correct roll, leaving me with: 11, 10, 13, 15, 15, 15.

Eluvan

First Post
One thing that hasn't been answered yet - do people prefer pre or post faction war? And if pre, then should it happen at some point in the game? Or should that whole metaplot be ignored?

Remove ads