• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yup. Tracking down all the rules you need to know to do just about anything can be a bit tricky. I like the game so far, but that stuff is driving me nuts. Presumably it's part of the drawback of playing an incomplete beta.

Radaceus

Adventurer
just realized that one cannot stride x2, i was just DMing 5e and got the dash thing mixed up ;).

it appears that one cannot move more than their speed, so you can stride x + step (requiring 10' of your movement to carefully move 5') fro 2 actions, as long as X+(step=10) =< your speed

FitzTheRuke

Legend
just realized that one cannot stride x2, i was just DMing 5e and got the dash thing mixed up ;).

it appears that one cannot move more than their speed, so you can stride x + step (requiring 10' of your movement to carefully move 5') fro 2 actions, as long as X+(step=10) =< your speed

Whaaaa? I did *not* know that. Where does it say that?

Also: There's a new update with new dying rules, everyone. It's up to JM if we are going to adopt all the updates right away, though. Are we?

I think you are misreading the text. It says you cannot move more than your speed when you stride. That means PER stride. You can use all three actions to stride and move 3x your speed if the conditions allow it.

STRIDE
Move up to your Speed (see page 310).

It doesn't say. You may only stride once per turn.

Also: There's a new update with new dying rules, everyone. It's up to JM if we are going to adopt all the updates right away, though. Are we?

I can't find where they are. Paizo.com is still down according to my browser. I did watch a twitch video. And Jason said to use the new dying rules in Part 2. So I suppose they want the old rules for part 1.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Whaaaa? I did *not* know that. Where does it say that?

pg 311
Code:
MOVEMENT IN ENCOUNTER MODE
Your movement during encounter mode depends on the
actions and other abilities you use. Whether you Stride
or Step, Swim or Climb, the maximum distance you can
move is based on your Speed. Certain feats or magic
items can grant you other movement types, allowing you
to swiftly burrow, climb, fly, or swim (see page 310).

so if you look at Step
Step said:
Requirements: Your Speed is at least 10 feet.
You carefully move 5 feet. Unlike most types of movement,
Stepping doesn’t trigger reactions, such as Attacks of Opportunity,
based on move actions or on leaving or entering a square. You can’t
Step into difficult terrain or greater difficult terrain (see page 312).

so Stride takes an action, and so does Step....and Step can only trigger if you have 10 feet of movement left. I suppose one can abuse/bypass thi by steppign first and then striding the remainder. or...use three actions to Stride, Step, then Stride the last 5'...
In any advent, I'm reading this as the move requirements of these actions mean you need to use X amount of movement to trigger them...i.e. Step requires 10' to move 5', just as with Leap requires X amount of speed to acquire Y distance ( this one bugs me because i read it like they are forcing us to finish the leap within the turn, instead of next turn...)

perhaps i need to turn to more pages still and am misreading this...

Remove ads