[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapersaurus

First Post
Murhid said:
I'll try to update my background a little but I don't want to reveal Murhid to most of you, for IC sakes.
General Comment:
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm generally not a fan of enigmatic, hard-to-read characters when it comes to role-playing.

Not that my opinion affects your character at all, Murhid, but NOT talking much, and not revealing anything, and being really reserved in everything is kind of too much like playing a brick wall, you know?

It's hard to have fun when talking to a character like a brick wall (not that Murhid is). :)

Basically, IF this were a vote (and it isn't - you are in control of Murhid, of course), I would vote to see more of Murhid and have him open up and make his feelings known, etc.

It might give us more to roleplay off of, and that's the whole point (IMO) to having this Adventure that Heavy G created.

P.S. The stuff with Kytess recently was really nice. more! more!

Murhid

First Post
Great comment !!

As you saw when he does feel like he can open up to someone he does, but for him that has only happened once in our adventure. Murhid is there for a job as far as he sees it (for now) and I suppose he is just a reclusive person, and that is the character I made and the character I wish to play, if we were here to play 100% role-playing focused characters HG should've made a more Diplomatic orientated campaign or somethin' :).

When I feel that the character Murhid feels comfortable enough to express his feelings more he will, if that waiting detracts from the role-playing opportunities for some well boo hoo :), your gonna have to wait.

Just be glad I didn't make a Mage of once-he-gets-highler-level-and-takes-over-the-world character :p

Though your opinion is noted, and any more input is great !

I greatly enjoy this discussion about the characters, though I would of liked it more if it were about Murhid's past and not my role-playing style of him.

--->> A thing I've found when we do seriously role-play it has mostly been in pairs, thus quite often excludes the rest of the group... I suppose it is just easier to do so, maybe it is just a coincidence. In addition I'd just like to say "great work" to Taz's last couple post, I thought they were very well done.

HeavyG

First Post
Murhid said:
if we were here to play 100% role-playing focused characters HG should've made a more Diplomatic orientated campaign or somethin' :).

It might be moving that way... ;)

(Roleplaying like that is more fun to me - and less work - than dungeon crawling.)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Murhid said:
As you saw when he does feel like he can open up to someone he does, but for him that has only happened once in our adventure. Murhid is there for a job as far as he sees it (for now) and I suppose he is just a reclusive person, and that is the character I made and the character I wish to play, if we were here to play 100% role-playing focused characters HG should've made a more Diplomatic orientated campaign or somethin' :).

When I feel that the character Murhid feels comfortable enough to express his feelings more he will, if that waiting detracts from the role-playing opportunities for some well boo hoo :), your gonna have to wait.

It's interesting, but I had no idea that Kytess would have anything to do with your charactr originally. I just layed the character out the way I thought she'd respond, and it just ended up working out that way. Who's to tell?

Kytess has been much more open than I expected, but that's just because she found something in common with another group member. Perhaps it'll happen again with other members (not neccisarily with Kytess, though).

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
HeavyG said:
It might be moving that way... ;)

(Roleplaying like that is more fun to me - and less work - than dungeon crawling.)

Be careful, though, Heavy G; Kytess doesn't like standing around doing nothing but talking: she's a fighter first and foremost.

Compare to Ivellios being stuck indoors for extended periods of time (tree graveyard quote?) - she'd go crazy.

HeavyG

First Post
Don't worry, CRG. I meant more roleplaying and storyline, I'm not turning this into a game of subtle machiavellian power plays and quiet manipulations behind the scenes. Especially with those characters. ;)

It would be funny to have this party sent as Waterdeep's ambassadors to the Shou Lung imperial court in Kara-Tur, but it won't happen. :)

I'm thinking more storyline, less dice-rolling. More wilderness, less dungeon. Less battle, but more intense and meaningful ones. Combats are too time-intensive to run for no good reason (like fighting two-three almost-random ghouls, for example).

Apart from that, Reaper, I've noticed you think you're B.A.D.D.

What did you think of my disposable dragon ?

HeavyG

First Post
HeavyG said:
It would be funny to have this party sent as Waterdeep's ambassadors to the Shou Lung imperial court in Kara-Tur, but it won't happen. :)

Just imagine... [caricature mode on]

Kytess :"Well, I'm not talking with the emperor."

Murhid :"Neither am I."

Karaturian hostess :"Can I do anything to make your stay more comfortable ?"

Ivellios :"Yes, more beer ! And I'm NOT taking a bath before the reception."

*Meanwhile, Sollir is busy pocketing the sweet ricecakes on the table tray.*

*Taz enters the room, excited* :"Hey, guys ! Ubaar just insulted these people's culture and the emperor's wife. He'll have to fight the emperor's champion in a duel at first light tomorrow.

*Ubaar follows* :"These Karatur people take jokes much too seriously."

*Jalon sighs* :"This is NOT justice. Tyr, shoot me now."

reapersaurus

First Post
HeavyG said:
I'm thinking more storyline, less dice-rolling. More wilderness, less dungeon. Less battle, but more intense and meaningful ones. Combats are too time-intensive to run for no good reason (like fighting two-three almost-random ghouls, for example).

Apart from that, Reaper, I've noticed you think you're B.A.D.D.

What did you think of my disposable dragon ?
Heavy G, i totally understand your wanting to take a break before venturing back into the dungeon.
As we were in there, week after week, I was noticing HOW MUCH damned work that must have been for you!
It must be nice to not have to open 4 windows and not have to be in Excel and upload images every day or so, huh? ;)

So i, for one, again give you a hearty Good Job, man! for all the work you had to do for our exploits.

I'm sure you would like a bit more of a break for roleplaying and discussion out of combat.
That's actually why i looked up the info on FR and the Uthgardts to get more background so i could possibly roleplay with the priest, etc.
I also figured you MIGHT have some background and flavor for the NPC you might want to get exposed.
That's the one thing I don't think I'd get used to as a DM - working on stuff like NPC's and locations that end up not getting used because the player don't engage the NPC or go to the location...

However, to support lengthy roleplay, I'm wondering how many characters would have to be involved in a particular scene...?

And about you being B.A.D.D. : i was gonna initially say it was OK, but in retrospect, ya!
I think that was a pretty darned disposable dragon, shame on you! LOL
I never REALLY thought of it as a dragon, but if you meant it to be a dragon, WHY?
Couldn't it have been a big lizard race, or something?
Cause if it was a dragon, as i remember the size was off (was it supposed to be a wyrmling?)

And IF it was a dragon, why would its 'master(s)' sacrifice it like that, by having it in a dungeon where it couldn't (or didn't) take advantage of its flying capabilities?
In a short amount of years, the dragon could have grown to be twice as powerful.
Seems kind of a waste to have it die just defending against some intruders... :)

Unless we didn't REALLY kill it, and they've raised it, or made it an undead fire dragon! Ahhhhhh!!! :eek:

Nice to see some talking about the adventure going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads