• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Yep, enhancing the monk's unarmed attacks is not as cheap as enhancing a weapon. At least it's cheaper than the Amulet of Mighty Fists, which is a bit excessive.

Bye
Thanee

Voadam

Legend
Thanee said:
That took a while, but we managed it before x-mas. :D

I hope you were (and are) having fun (and if not, I hope you tell me why, so we can do something about that :)).

Speaking of which, if there is anything you think we could improve on, just speak up and let me know, and I will gladly consider it. Also, if you think something should be changed, of course.

And if you have a moment to spare, how about you tell me - now that we have been on this journey for some time already - if and how you like some of the aspects of this game so far, like...

- the secret character sheets option, that was voted for in the beginning
- the (restricted) Gestalt option, that was voted for in the beginning
- the seperate threads for combat declarations, campaign information, etc
- the house rule about wound levels (no precise hps given) and the fatigued/exhausted conditions with severe/critical wounds (does this help in making the characters feel more 'alive'?)
- how the game is going in general
- how combats in the game are going
- do you have a good idea of the surroundings and (slowly) unfolding story
- anything else that comes to mind

Thank you! :D

Bye
Thanee

I am enjoying the game. Thanks for running it.

Secret sheets, not a big deal either way since you handle mechanics.

I love gestalt.

Separate threads are good and have inspired a number of pbp DMs, myself included.

I like focusing on narrative and not tracking numbers so keeping the hp secret works well for me. I haven't really noticed the fatigued or exhausted rules much. The conditions are neat for gauging enemy and ally conditions at a glance and are useful for that purpose. The only snag is judging how much healing to use when I don't have the numbers.

Game in general, good.

Combats, have gone smoothly. I love your maps.

Unfolding story, not really. I'm still looking for the missing brother.

Thanee

First Post
Voadam said:
Unfolding story, not really. I'm still looking for the missing brother.

Well, there are some missions, that you might not be able to fulfill at all, or only at a later time. ;)

As for the story... there isn't really much yet, to be honest... it's just starting to unfold slowly.
And there are many smaller parts, which are not directly linked to the main story arch. Some are even completely unrelated. ;)

Well, you will certainly realize a bit more when you come to the relevant stages, I will try to make sure, that you do not miss the more important links, when you see them. :D

Bye
Thanee

Mista Collins

First Post
Speaking of the excellent maps, what program or tool do you use to make those? I am running a PbP with some friends through email and link bitmaps. I'm looking to upgrade to something a little more user friendly (like yours).

Thanee

First Post
It's a javascript, that displays hundreds or even thousands of layered 32x32px graphics (each character consists of 3 layers, the picture, the health bar, and an invisible one with the tooltip content, for example). The original (updated version, I'm still using the one before that, because updating is too much hassle, since I made a few modifications to it myself to work as I want to use it; the original is just intended to be used with one layer for terrain and another layer for characters and objects with the tooltip content written in that layer directly) can be found here (unfortunately, the manual is in german only).

Here's the code for the last map, for example, the called javascript functions are defined in another file.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads