[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
[...]Term 3: This time, you think about leaving the scouts but decide to stay on (2 Vs DC2).

ARRRGH! They almost got me! :D

I take it that this talent search (by a holovid company no less) is purely human thing, right? I mean, no self-respecting individual form the Vargr Reaches would ever take notice of it, yes? Please! ;)

Re. posting schedule: No problems with me!

Folkert

doghead

thotd
Three times a week is fine. I check in every day. I've never been in a games that moves too fast, usually it is the lack of speed that is the problem.

Low Passsage is cold sleep - so not so much opportunity for interaction (just trying to get me one of those L u x u r y staterooms.)

From my experience as a GM, I found it really helps if players post replies to responces even if just to say "Doobie keeps an ear on the conversation but says nothing," or somesuch. That way you know that everyone is up to speed.

I checked the feats and now I'm not sure again. Two options:
1) Human, Merchant Starting, 1st Level, Bonus 1st, 2nd, and 5th level.
2) Human, Merchant Starting, Bonus 1st, 2nd, and 5th level.

Looking at it this way, the #1 seems correct, but thats a lot of feats.

I did take Prof (programmer), but will fork out for the Hand Computer anyways cos I want a high end model.

Douane

First Post
doghead said:
I checked the feats and now I'm not sure again. Two options:
1) Human, Merchant Starting, 1st Level, Bonus 1st, 2nd, and 5th level.
2) Human, Merchant Starting, Bonus 1st, 2nd, and 5th level.

Looking at it this way, the #1 seems correct, but thats a lot of feats.

I'm convinced that #1 is right. The preview confirms the extra feat for humans and the bonus feat for 1st lvl merchant. And since it refers under the feats heading back to the "core rules" for gaíning of feats, I'm sure that everyone gets one feat for being 1st lvl.

As for the number of feats, I guess that makes sense considering that some things just can't be done well without the right feat.

Folkert

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
ARRRGH! They almost got me! :D

I take it that this talent search (by a holovid company no less) is purely human thing, right? I mean, no self-respecting individual form the Vargr Reaches would ever take notice of it, yes? Please! ;)

Re. posting schedule: No problems with me!

Folkert
(Metagaming On) The holovid search provided as a means to get you onto the same ship in the same travel class - If you'd rather pay for the trip, or go working passage, that works, too :) (/Metagaming)

Seonaid

Explorer
Updated character sheet posted. I'll need some help on the specifics, but most of that will be taken care of if Maerdwyn's computer revives and he can get the Excel file done. :)

Sorry for being a little frenetic. I don't think I'm normally like this. I'm just excited about joining a campaign that's not more elves-and-dragons, if you know what I mean. :)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
I'm convinced that #1 is right. The preview confirms the extra feat for humans and the bonus feat for 1st lvl merchant. And since it refers under the feats heading back to the "core rules" for gaíning of feats, I'm sure that everyone gets one feat for being 1st lvl.

Folkert
This is correct.

Seonaid

Explorer
I did have one question. Does everyone get the homeworld skills as detailed in Lite, or is that only Humans? Lite says it's only about Humans, so I wasn't sure.

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
(Metagaming On) The holovid search provided as a means to get you onto the same ship in the same travel class - If you'd rather pay for the trip, or go working passage, that works, too :) (/Metagaming)

You seem to confuse something here. ;) :D

That wasn't me speaking but a yet-unnamed Vargr. :p

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Sorry for being a little frenetic. I don't think I'm normally like this. I'm just excited about joining a campaign that's not more elves-and-dragons, if you know what I mean. :)
*Scraps first three adventures, which deal with Elves, who having left Middle Earth for the Grey Heavens, have discovered jump technology and are currently battling space dragons near the sector capital. Runs off crying*

(Actually, I TOTALLY know what you mean :))

Ian

Douane

First Post
Seonaid said:
I did have one question. Does everyone get the homeworld skills as detailed in Lite, or is that only Humans? Lite says it's only about Humans, so I wasn't sure.

I had also been meaning to ask about this.

BTW, Seonaid: I will compile something about the Aslan, but it might take a while. I will first have to re-translate it back into english. (Hey, I was eleven and happy to get any RPG's at all. :) In addition , the german translation of the Traveller materials was quite good back then, unlike today.)

Folkert

Remove ads