[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Seonaid

Explorer
Okay, final update to character sheet before adding numeric details like skills and such. Let me know if there's anything wrong with any of it. :)

Douane

First Post
Seonaid said:
[...]Sorry for being a little frenetic. I don't think I'm normally like this. I'm just excited about joining a campaign that's not more elves-and-dragons, if you know what I mean. :)

Hmm, I guess it would better if you never find out who the mythic "Ancients" of the Traveller universe really were. :p

Folkert

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Maerdwyn: I'm sure you'll come up with something good to throw at us. And if it's GOTTA be elves fighting dragons, well, then, I guess I'll just hafta . . . quit the campaign! :D Hehee.

Douane: Thanks again, and take your time. I appreciate every little bit! And don't even give Maerdwyn a chance at it! No elves, no dragons! :D

Douane

First Post
Seonaid,

Aslan:

average height 2m
average weight 100 kg

Attachments

• aslan.gif
    aslan.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 92

Maerdwyn

First Post
Homeworld Skills are for everyone, but depend on what type of world it is. (I'm letting people come from where they want, BTW) Choose what tech group the world is (0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, or 13-15), and which of the following categories apply to the world (Agricultural, Asteroid Belt, Desert, Fluid {non-water} Oceans, High Population, Low Population, Ice Capped, Industrial, non-Industrial, Resource Poor, Resource Rich, Waterworld, Vacuum).

The file I eventually email will also have a number of skills listed for each tech and attribute category of world - choose three skills from the list of nine or so that are available for your world, and these are your homeworld skills.

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn,

I had planned on having my PC originate from Tireen, the 5 planet construct done by the Ancients in the Vargr Reaches. (To explain part of his fascination.) [Unfortunately, I never found the UPP for them.]

Folkert

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Just did a bit of planning for the PC:

I have to take a feat for every type of Spaceship? (I sure hope I misunderstood this!:))

From the preview: Scouts don't get neither Knowledge: Jump space nor Speak Languages as a class skill.

I thought they were the "ultimate spacers" and how do they do their first contacts, in mime? :D

[EDIT: Okay, okay. I did just realize that real first contact would probably be done in mime, but still.:)]

Do Travellers get any of these?

Folkert

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Name: Hryo
Starport Code: C
Size: 9
Atmosphere: 8
Hydrographics: 6
Population: 9
Government: 3
Law Level: 6
Tech Level: 11

Hryo C-986836-11
Zone: G

Hryo is an entirely Aslan planet located just outside the Gateway Domain. The few visitors who are not Aslan generally leave as soon as their business is complete, and there are no attractions for off-planet tourists. The thick atmosphere and slightly above-average gravity make it physically, as well as socially, uncomfortable for some visitors. The population as a whole doesn't mind aliens, it just doesn't see the point in encouraging them. In fact, a few of the large universities have multiple programs dedicated to the study of aliens. Most of the courses are, however, taught by Aslan, which has caused some to be concerned with the quality of the information (some have been known to say "misinformation") that is passed down.

The world is approximately 60% liquid water, with two large land masses and one slightly smaller one. All of the land masses are populated and have starports. Due to the high population, people live all across the globe, though naturally the more equatorial places are more highly inhabited. The world government, dominated by four ruling families, ensures the equality of all people, and the tech level is equal everywhere. That same government severly restricts what kinds of weaponry the populace can personally own, ostensibly to protect its citizens. No one is really that suspicious of the government because in over a thousand years, the government has not changed hands or done anything suspicious with its power. Not overtly, anyway. There are rumors, like there are anywhere, but none have been confirmed, and the average citizen leads a happy, healthy, un-intruded-upon life.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Douane-

Term 1: Your first few years as a scout are somehwat uneventful (Basic Training, then a (Duty Roll=10, Survival=9 vs DC4) Routine assignment, but you make the most of it. Time = 4 Years. +5000Xp

Term 2: You reenlist (18vsDC2), and to your surprise, are sent on a (Duty Roll=18) Special Mission (we'll discuss by email), which you complete successfully (Survival = 14 vs DC 8, XP Bonus= 12 vs DC6)
Time = 4 years + 7000XP

Term 3: This time, you think about leaving the scouts but decide to stay on (2 Vs DC2). Your Mission (Duty=15) this time is slightly less sensitive, but you complete it, competently ( 20 vs Survival DC 6, 2 vs XP Bonus DC 6)
Time = 4 years + 4000Xp

Let me know if you'd like to continue or to muster out.

Thanks!

I think I would like to continue for another term, staying with the Corps. After that it's time to strike out on my own. (Unless you feel that makes me too much of an "old man" for this outfit and/or my special background. :D)

Folkert

Remove ads