pneumatik's WotBS 3: Shelter from the Storm

Rhun

First Post
"I don't mean to sound hostile, friend elf," says Hollister, "But on whose authority do you stop and search free travelers?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"We're exercising the same right to self protection that every person has," the robed elf says. "We need to make sure the Ragesians aren't trying to infiltrate or take over Seaquen. It would give them a protected base with easy access to Shahalesti. Now, please, it will only take a moment."

[sblock=ooc]The map at http://www.enworld.org/ap/wotbs.html may help show the importance to Shahalesti of keeping Seaquen at least neutral.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir is unperturbed by the elves stopping them. She has nothing to hide and knows nothing of the politics of the moment. She watches the others for what to do Fritz curled up around her legs.

OOC: Really just need to get spells listed. Shaylir is no face or anything could aid another if needed though.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: none
Standard: none
Free: none
5' step: no
Conditions: none[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
HP: 31/31
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +8
Reflex: +5
Will: +9(+10 vs fear)

Dagger = +4 to hit, (+2 BAB, +1 size) - 1d3/19-20x2

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water, Guidance(2/2), Detect Magic
1- Calm Animals, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4
2- Bull's Strength, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic, Light
1- Shield of Faith, Bless, Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+3

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha wasn't a friend of the oppressive Shahalesti regime, but the elf keeps focused on their task and instead of voicing her opinion, she says:

“I am from Shahalesti myself. You surely do not think I would lead Ragesian spies here, do you?”

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros regains his sunny disposition as the group seems to get closer to dry land again, and is even pleased to see fellow Shahalestians near Seaquen, despite their demands.

"It is good to see some of my countrymen, but surely our kinsfolk aren't aiding the Ragessians?" he asks the approaching elves, removing his helmet so his ears and the tattoo of Corellon's holy symbol on his forehead are clearly visible. Though the red tabard over his armor, bearing the symbol of the Aquilline Cross, and the Corellonian emblem on his shield, scabbard, and quiver already make his devotion quite evident. Fanatical devotion, even.

"I am Staret Liiros Tivaniel from the Calanis chapter of the Knights of the Aquilline Cross, and we are only here to pass through Seaquen on the way further south. We have slain several Ragessian soldiers and mercenaries along the way, but have yet to find any this far south."
he says jovially.

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"It's a pleasure to meet all of you. My name is Thalen. I am in the service of His Royal Majesty Shaaladel, Lord of Shahalesti. It heartens me to see my fellow countrymen in this misbegotten swamp. But you must understand that I cannot make any exceptions. Lord Shaaladel's daughter, Shalosha, will likely be meeting with leaders in Seaquen sometime in the next few days. A single assassin could devastate our country and give Ragesia a powerful advantage.

"Now, please, my men are professionals. They'll quick and polite. The sooner we start the sooner it can be over and you can be on your way."

Thalen and the two soldiers with him stand their ground, the two soldiers standing a little stiffer.

Arkhandus

First Post
"You may proceed with your inspection, but we carry only our own weapons and supplies, besides a few spoils of battle that we have yet to sell in town," Liiros replies.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Is there anything we should look out for? You seem worried, so maybe we should be, too?” Lytha asks. She won't hinder them, when they want to look through her pack, which doesn't really contain anything suspicious, anyways.

Remove ads