pneumatik's WotBS 3: Shelter from the Storm

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
As promised the two soldiers are quick and polite in their search. "Thank you for making this easy," Thalen says. When the soldiers complete their search and find nothing he says, "I wish you luck in Seaquen."

You continue on for several more hours. Eventually the swamp grows more shallow and fades into rocky forest. The road appears again, rising about 30 feet above sea level. You abandon your rowboats. They join several others left by fellow refugees. Soon the thick stench of swamp is replaced by salt and surf. The road forks. You take the road to the north that leads to Seaquen.

You pass through the thin band of forest onto the open ground of the peninsula. The town of Sequen sits around a natural harbor. The Lyceum Academy sits on a hill on the eastern edge of the harbor. It's a walled campus with several heavy stone buildings. Between the edge of the forest and Seaquen is a sea of refugee camps. Several thousand refugees make their home in those camps. Some cram into simple wooden houses or shacks, but most make do with simple tents.

Torrent steps forward. "Well, the rain and the clouds aren't helping, but I do believe we've made it," she says. "I know someone in Seaquen. He's a guy name Lee Sidoneth. He mentored me when I was younger. Anyway, he knows folks in the Lyceum. He should be able to get us in to see the right folks to hand over the information we've been carrying."

"Yes, let's get to the Lyceum," Katrina says. "And indoors. And a hot meal. And a warm bed."

So where to, heroes?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"It's so big." Shaylir says in awe. "And there are so many people. Fritz stay near me I don't want you getting lost."

OCC: Shaylir is defiantly a follower, but for me it would be to get rid of the info asap.

Rhun

First Post
"An inn would be ideal, says Hollister. "A bath and a warm meal sounds most delightful. If there are any rooms to be had, that is."

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, male high elf crusader

"Yes......a restful night at a proper inn would be good for all of us. This swamp-trek was only slightly more pleasant than the cold mountain-trek out of Gate Pass. Let us find some comfort and merriment in the taverns here before we finish our business in Seaquen. I wonder if they have any Shahalestian wine or mead here....." Liiros finally says after a long look at the town before them.

He manages a slightly upbeat tone, glad to be out of the swamp, but weary of this particular mission. A smile breaks out on his face and he thinks of happier times back in Calanis. Hopefully he wouldn't have to go back to Gate Pass again too soon. He looked forward to spending some time in warmer, more southerly climates for a while. At least he was back in civilization again. Good drinks, songs, and music would surely bring back more of Liiros' usual mirth.

"So!," he adds after a long moment's reflection, "Let's find some bards and bars to entertain us before we retire for the evening! Our arduous journey is at an end! At least until the next one. But today, we celebrate!" He nudges the others onward and goes looking for a good tavern, preferably one with live entertainment.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
You head towards Seaqen proper on the North coast of the peninsula. The town is more than full. The streets are packed. The crowds start at the edges of the refugee camps and continue into Seaquen. The first two inns you pass are full but the innkeepers offer to toss guests out of the street for around 10gp per night per room.

As you leaving the second inn one of the men at the bar looks at you and does a double-take. "Hey, wait wait wait. Uh, you guys looks like you just got into town. Let me buy you a drink. Um," he looks around at the full bar. "Let's hang out here, I guess."

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Well, this doesn't look like it will be easy to find a place to stay,” Lytha comments as they pass the first inn.

As the man asks them to join the already overfilled bar, she replies:

“What a great offer! Hang out with some random guy we do not even know in a bar, that is already overcrowded with drunk people. No, thank you?”

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir is mostly lost in the big city of Seaquen so she sticks to the others and follows their lead. If Lytha doesn't want to talk to the man then neither does she.

Rhun

First Post
"Now, let's not be hasty, Lytha," says Hollister, stroking his goatee. "Perhaps we can find out a bit about the situation here..."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Yeah, Seaquen's really full these days. Folks like yourselves who are new to town must be full of questions." The man at the bar pauses. The break in the conversation hangs in the air awkwardly.

Rhun

First Post
"Yeah, Seaquen's really full these days. Folks like yourselves who are new to town must be full of questions." The man at the bar pauses. The break in the conversation hangs in the air awkwardly.

"Indeed," says Hollister. "I am Hollister Avendri. Who might you be?"

Remove ads