D&D (2024) Predictions for Playtest packet 7's arrival

It also had the clear art of the Blue Dragon piece shown at Gencon.
1693955383078.png

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I love those new dragons. I'd just remove the fore legs of those with hands on their wings (blue and white) and the back legs on the more serpentine ones (black and green).

But the wing design are top notch.

I love those new dragons. I'd just remove the fore legs of those with hands on their wings (blue and white) and the back legs on the more serpentine ones (black and green).

But the wing design are top notch.
If you remove the forelegs they are Wyverns not proper dragons. The Blue also explicitly burrows.

My personal opinion on the Dragons is that I like them all a fair amount, though I personally would change the Black’s wings a bit. The Red is the least changed, but it’s design was already very iconic and solid.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Maybe that's it, though: Legendary Actions are quite good, but they didn't quite go far enough to make for proper Solo monsters. Hence we have Theros' Mythic Actions. But do we need two ways to model Solos? Maybe so, maybe not.

Perhaps they've come up with a fusion or alternate idea that they'd like to run past us.
Legendary actions are great, but they really need to be able to spend one to use a reaction ability, even if an effect is depriving them of their reaction or they’ve already used it. Among other things.

Remove ads