Proposal: Allowing PH2 (in parts)

Walking Dad

First Post
I hope it is allowed for everyone to do a proposal...

Anyhow, I would really like to expand the controller classes. For now, we have only the wizard. The PH2 gives to more. I'm not sure about balancing, but discuss, please.

Dunamin

First Post
Yes, everyone is allowed to make proposals. However, please refer to the L4W Charter:
No published sources will be considered until they have been available to the public for at least three months. This is to allow the D&D community at large an opportunity for discussion and playtesting.

Thus, it will be some time before PH2 will be considered - though naturally we can freely discuss all aspects of it while it's still fresh and fairly unexplored.

SeaPainter

First Post
Of course if the discussion (or debate, if you'd prefer) starts now, then at the three month point we'd be able to put it to a vote... without waiting an additional couple of months for us to decide exactly how it will be accepted. That being said...

Does anyone see any potential problems (so far) with any of the material in PH2?

nerdytenor

First Post
I've read through the first ten levels of all the classes, and nothing has jumped out at me as being particularly broken (nothing like battlerager vigor from martial power - although the barbarian rageblood vigor can be quite powerful (especially with the +5 feat), the barb gets tmp hp from hitting/killing stuff, not just from getting hit - a key difference).

Upon first reading, it seems to me the shaman might be a bit under powered, but that might not be the case in practice.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, I am curious what you guys think of Weapon/Implement Expertise. I'm not sure it's a huge problem ... I'd like it, but there are a lot of other feats I'd prefer to take first. Some people on the internet claim it was created to bring epic-tier play into balance, but I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.

Thoughts?

nerdytenor

First Post
Some people on the internet claim it was created to bring epic-tier play into balance, but I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.

Thoughts?

Actually, I agree with the internet stat-munchkins on this one. The fact that the to-hit scales up per tier makes it a must-have feat by the time you get to paragon. In heroic, passing up a +1 to hit might make sense for a while if there are better things on offer, but there is very little in paragon that is better than a +2 to hit, imo.

KenHood

First Post
The thing that cheeses me off about the PHB2: Bards get to cast one free ritual per day.

Do wizards? Oh, no!

Why should they? I mean, rituals may be a wizard's raisin detriment, but, you know, these little guitar-playin' kum-ba-yah singin' hippies get MORE rituals to cast than wizard, and they can do it once a day FOR FREE.

Makes complete sense.

AAAAAAARGH!

Remove ads