• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proposal: Allowing PH2 (in parts)

CaBaNa

First Post
Nope. Doesn't help.

Especially when I consider that once a day I could have my character cause a cute bunny or sweet little puppy dog to walk up to a random child, and shortly after being cuddled by said child, tell the child that his parents only pretend to love him, while planning to fatten him up and eat him in his sleep.

How much XP do you get for killing childhood innocence?

hehehe...

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Nope. Doesn't help.

Especially when I consider that once a day I could have my character cause a cute bunny or sweet little puppy dog to walk up to a random child, and shortly after being cuddled by said child, tell the child that his parents only pretend to love him, while planning to fatten him up and eat him in his sleep.

There's something seriously wrong with you man, something really twisted.

CaBaNa

First Post
Walking Dad, it would be very kind of you to update the title of the thread. please?

It's your thread, your choice.

Dunamin

First Post
I do think that if/when we approve Expertise that we should add a note to it that it can't apply to a single weapon or implement more than once. For example, taking Weapon Expertise (heavy blades) and Weapon Expertise (polearms) would not stack when using a glaive. That might be taken care of by errata by the time we approve it, though.
Doesn’t that already apply by virtue of one source not stacking with itself?

At any rate, I too like Weapon/Implement Expertise because it takes off pressure of feeling “viable”. Especially when you’ve picked a suboptimal weapon because it was important to your character concept :blush:.

It does smell like a must-have feat, though, and I’ve also contemplated if something similar shouldn’t have been included in the basic mechanics.

Nope. Doesn't help.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of Fallout 3 - man, that section was awesome and creepy at the same time. P can still easily accomplish something similar any number of times per day with Ghost Sound and trained Bluff.

Anyway, new publications will always get that extra layer of chocolate fudge to sweeten the deal. I love the new bard and am looking forward to playing one, but I can't help but compare how they get 7 class features while fighters get 3 (one of which is as imaginative as +1 to hit).

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, I agree that it looks pretty nasty. I think it's harder to judge, though, because every character has piles of utilities and other tricks that can boost attacks or penalize enemy defenses. But still, +3 attack is probably the best feat you'll see in epic.
Yes, that's also one big reason I like it. That, and it creates less pressure to be 'optimal' with your stat selection for the same reasons.

I do think that if/when we approve Expertise that we should add a note to it that it can't apply to a single weapon or implement more than once. For example, taking Weapon Expertise (heavy blades) and Weapon Expertise (polearms) would not stack when using a glaive. That might be taken care of by errata by the time we approve it, though.
QFT. My main concern with the PH2.

Walking Dad, it would be very kind of you to update the title of the thread. please?

It's your thread, your choice.
Sure. What should the new name be?

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yes it does. There will probably be an errata, but if there isn't we should rule the stacking out. Making it a feat bonus is not good though. Simply ruling it doesn't stack with itself.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Yes it does. There will probably be an errata, but if there isn't we should rule the stacking out. Making it a feat bonus is not good though. Simply ruling it doesn't stack with itself.

I can't recall - is there a fixed list of bonus types? If not, we could just say it's an "expertise bonus".

Remove ads