Proposal: Allowing PH2 (in parts)

Oni

First Post
I'm not totally digging the Expertise feats, it seems a lazy fix to a math error IMO. Anyone who wants to hit like they should has to pay the feat tax, and some people are so special (like for instance, some paladins) they get to pay twice! By Paragon its so good it's a no brainer, missing sucks and its really really hard to justify not taking it.

CaBaNa

First Post
I vote "PHB2 proposal" for the name, as that seems to be what it's turned into, we just started discussion early.

good call on that.

I wonder what a half-elf bard, taking the versatile master feat, could accomplish?:devil:

I'm more interested in the druid though... I'm seeing what their builds can do.

barbarians, like rangers, are damage machines, pair them with oversized weapons and they are hulk!

still looking.

Rathan

First Post
I have to agree with whoever said it earlier that shaman are a bit underpowered..... I'm in 'The Ultimate Dungeon' in "Talking the Talk' and I have REALLY nice stats in the ability scores that they need to be in and STILL even with 16's ands 17's in con, int, and cha.... the chara STILL feels a bit light... I mean sure they are CRAZY 'nickle and dime' type healers... but as a leader class I think they should hit just a BIT harder than they do....

Atanatotatos

First Post
Uhmm... I haven't looked much into the class, but thegeneral impression I got is that it needs a bit more tactical reasoning than most classes because so much of your abilities are dependant on your spirit's position relative to both enemies and allies... and you need to keep an eye on the shaman's position too of course.
But I haven't tried one so I wouldn't really know. They have got some pretty awesome powers though.

ukingsken

First Post
Well I've been reading through the book and I dont see many problems. Storm of blades doesn't seem too bad but there should be some sort of limit I suppose, although it almost seems superfluous considering how high your con would have to be for it to get out of hand.

My only real spot of confusion is nothing "unbalanced" im just trying to figure out Astral Charge. A level 27 enc power for the avenger, 1W+Wis, target stunned until end of next turn, use it in place of a basic attack during a charge.... I mean its cool/handy. Auto stun and I can use it as a charge.... but 1W for a lvl 27 striker?? lol

Atanatotatos

First Post
Storm of blades can get out of hand very easily. A con-based barbarian will have presumably 19-21 con when it gets it, but it will probably aim at at least 26-28 for end game. 8-10 attacks seem a bit too much. I know those levels are far,far away now, but we'll have to fix it sooner or later.
Btw what's the max level ever reached in LEW and LEB as of now?
If DMs started spending dm points for their characters, and constantly played them, I guess advancement would be slow, but not that slow...

Remove ads