Quirky Food Habits

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
I don't like to eat with my hands...I'll use a utensil when at all possible... pizza, burgers, even fried chicken... I hold it down with one fork and pull the meat off the bone with another. I'll eat sandwiches w/out a fork if they're not very messy. I'm not obsessive about it, but it's a definite preference.

gamecat

Explorer
Other than an obstinate refusal to eat tomatoes, i think im clear.

Well, i do like ranch dressing in between two slices of pizza. That's a "heart attack sandwich".

Conaill

First Post
When eating a KitKat bar, I break each individual bar off, and nibble off the chocolate on all 4 sides, before eating the wafer part. (The chocolate layer on the top and bottom is typically too thin to nibble off, although I've been known to peel off the top and bottom wafer layers, to maximize my chocolate - wafer separation.)

Oreo's - I'll try separate them as cleanly as possible, and scrape off the filling first.

A good friend of mine would squeeze a banana just so along the sides that it separates into three longitudinal sections. I was quite stunned the first time I saw that - never knew a banana would do that!

Xath

Moder-gator
Conaill said:
When eating a KitKat bar, I break each individual bar off, and nibble off the chocolate on all 4 sides, before eating the wafer part. (The chocolate layer on the top and bottom is typically too thin to nibble off, although I've been known to peel off the top and bottom wafer layers, to maximize my chocolate - wafer separation.)

Oreo's - I'll try separate them as cleanly as possible, and scrape off the filling first.

I thought everyone did these two. Except with oreos, depending on my mood, sometimes I'll scrape all of the icing into a pile and with my last 2 cookie pieces, make one giant oreo.

Xath said:
I thought everyone did these two. Except with oreos, depending on my mood, sometimes I'll scrape all of the icing into a pile and with my last 2 cookie pieces, make one giant oreo.
Ew. No way! The Oreo is to remain in one piece and be dunked in milk until sufficiently soggy for consumption!

reveal

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Ew. No way! The Oreo is to remain in one piece and be dunked in milk until sufficiently soggy for consumption!

I always thought it was funny how people open Oreos and lick out the frosting. I thought it was a learned response. I was wrong. The very first time my son ever ate Oreos, the very first thing he did was open it up and start licking the frosting. Only when he was finished did he eat the cookie. :)

If I'm eating cookies, crackers, or any similar snack food (not chips or the like), I always try to eat an even number of cookies. 2, 4, 6, as long as it's even. Odd numbers are bad luck. I think this stems from a book I read when I was little, called Jacob Two-Two meets the Hooded Fang, about a little boy who always says things twice. For some reason, I decided that I would only eat even numbers of things. When I was 7 or 8, I used to do it with EVERYTHING-pieces of cake, corn on the cob, hamburgers, what ever I could easily get an even number of without being obvious to everyone.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
AIM-54 said:
"When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the Red ones last?"
I keep the smarties in the plastic roll and take them out one or two at a time to eat them. but I don't want to eat the same color in a row, so I'll take out sections and reverse them in the roll to avoid that.... :heh:

Kahuna Burger said:
I keep the smarties in the plastic roll and take them out one or two at a time to eat them. but I don't want to eat the same color in a row, so I'll take out sections and reverse them in the roll to avoid that.... :heh:
When I was young, I could crush up the Smarties and put them in 7-up to make different fruity flavors. I recall it being delicious, though I'm sure that now it would be disgusting. :)

Remove ads