Quirky Food Habits

Belen

Adventurer
I like to eat pumpkin pie with vanilla...wait....wrong thread...

I detest mushy food. If food is too mushy, then I get physically sick.

BelenUmeria said:
I like to eat pumpkin pie with vanilla...wait....wrong thread...

I detest mushy food. If food is too mushy, then I get physically sick.
I used to feel that way about bananas, but have recently had a change of heart... or stomach.

reveal

Adventurer
BelenUmeria said:
I still cannot touch bananas. Those things freak me out.

BOO!

Banane49.gif
banana.gif
bananaWrench.gif
bananallama.gif
rockbanana.gif
wtfb2tb.gif

BelenUmeria said:
I still cannot touch bananas. Those things freak me out.

Bananas don't freak me out, but I cannot stand them. The smell is the worst thing about them, I can't be in a room when someone is eating a banana. Which leads me to another food issue I have...

There are very few foods that I will not eat, but those that I won't eat I have a very strong dislike of, probably based on texture. I won't eat: bananas, eggplant, & mushrooms. I also refuse to eat anything with mayonaise in it. Seafood is also on the will not eat, except for lobster and crab in small doses.

spatha

First Post
Rel said:
One that I get asked about once in a while is how I pour my coffee. I take the empty coffee cup and pour in a bit of creamer first. Then I add a half a pack of sweetener. Then (and only then) do I pour in the coffee.

But this isn't done for the pure "quirk" factor. It's practical because the churning of the coffee automatically mixes the creamer and sweetener without the need to stir it with a spoon. This saves me from having to undertake the monumental task of getting a spoon out of the drawer, stirring and then putting the spoon into the dishwasher.

And believe me, that's a hell of a lot of effort before I've had my first cup of coffee.
I do that except substitute cream for milk and 1/2 pack of sweetener for 2 teaspoons of sugar. But I still use a spoon to stir it.

Tiberius

Explorer
I have a few habits that people seem to find strange. First, I take my grilled cheese sandwiches with mustard. Yellow mustard, I have found, is the only variety that works properly with the sandwiches. Probably a good tablespoon or so on each slice of bread, between the bread and that slice's cheese. There is no other way to create them! This tends to provoke "eww!" responses in those to whom I describe it, which are then dispelled once they taste this glorious food.

My English muffins must be toasted, buttered, sliced, and served with orange juice, preferably the high-pulp Grovestand variety of Tropicana. They must be sliced in order that I may dip the muffins into the orange juice, in much the same way as you would an Oreo in milk. The leftover OJ is then consumed, of course. Observing this habit has been known to make people gag, for some reason I cannot fathom. To date, I have not converted anyone to the sacred Way of the Dipped Muffin, but with any luck my future children will follow the True Path. :)

Salads must be eaten prior to any portion of the main course, and must also be served on a separate plate/bowl. Similarly, potatoes must be eaten prior to steaks.

Canned Coke > *. The aluminum adds a little something extra that you just don't get out of plastic or glass. If I may borrow a .sig I seem to remember seeing on this board, "All is Coke. There are no other forms of refreshment. Drink Coke or die screaming!"

Remove ads