• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races and Classes--I has it!

eve_of_dante

First Post
Scholar & Brutalman said:
This sounds like what we've heard about 4e multiclassing. Does the book say this is replacing multiclassing, or are the class training feats in addition to a seperate multiclassing system?

One thing it says in the Tiers section is that each Paragon Path appeals to two classes, such as Wizard/Ranger, Cleric/Wizard etc, so one might presume that each path brings in some abilities from each class, even if only a smattering? Intriguingly, one keeps progressing in one's base class on top of that each level!

I got my copy on Wednesday from the FLGS, distributed via Estevium Games in the UK.

Lalato

Adventurer
Once folks see the pictures of the dragonborn from this book I think some of the reservations about them will melt away. I would also like to point out... Dwarf chicks are hawt! Yes, I said it. ;)

--sam

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Wow, Scott, you are sure one cool guy! I'm not kidding, I know some business types who would freak out in this situation (my aunt :\ )

Anyway, I will probably be getting the book next week, and also enjoying the possible Dragon article about it!

Irda Ranger

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
I love it. Thanks for promoting the book and thanks for the recaps while showing restraint in not doing the copy(scan) & paste spoiler.
Data Point: I pre-ordered a copy because of this thread.

Which is another way of saying "This all sounds really cool."

Goobermunch

Explorer
Irda Ranger said:
Data Point: I pre-ordered a copy because of this thread.

Which is another way of saying "This all sounds really cool."

And Scott, given who's saying that, it's really quite impressive.

I've gotten the impression that Irda Ranger not so much on the fence as looking warily at it trying to decide whether it's worth the time to climb up on it.

I could be wrong about that, but that's been my sense from his posts.

--G

Dire Bare

Legend
Reaper Steve said:
I really like the stuff on heroic-paragon-epic. It neatly provides 10 levels o crawl the dungeon, 10 of save the kingdom, and 10 more of become an immortal legend.

This sounds a lot like the way the classic D&D game was set up with Basic, Expert, Companions, Masters and then Immortal levels. I like it!

The "epic destinies" also sound a lot like the paragon paths classic D&D characters used to take to reach immortality. Too much awesome!

Thanks Reaper Steve for the info!! I'm jealously awaiting my copy preordered from Amazon to arrive!!! Heh, if you spoil too much, at least I'll have the artwork!

AnonymousOne

First Post
Damnit ...

I wanted to stay away from 4e ... I have a lot of time and energy wrapped up in my current 3.5 campaign .... Nothing personal of course, but the startup costs are going to be high once again.

But ... it ... sounds ... so ... COOL!

I see a trip to the local game store in order to see if they have a copy of this tome of awesomeness yet.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Dire Bare said:
This sounds a lot like the way the classic D&D game was set up with Basic, Expert, Companions, Masters and then Immortal levels. I like it!

The "epic destinies" also sound a lot like the paragon paths classic D&D characters used to take to reach immortality. Too much awesome!
Definitely! I wonder if, in a few years, we'll be seeing an Immortals Handbook, for levels 30+, in which characters become demigods or other higher beings. Like the D&D box set, but without the wacky, math-heavy mechanics.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads