• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Release date?

I'd really like to know dates and pricing for summer budgeting.
And I'd prefer to get one before GenCon. Waiting in line got an hour for the *chance* to buy a copy from some partner's booth is unappealing,

frogimus

First Post
I'd really like to know dates and pricing for summer budgeting.
And I'd prefer to get one before GenCon. Waiting in line got an hour for the *chance* to buy a copy from some partner's booth is unappealing,

IIRC there was a major release last year or the year before where you could preorder on the publishers website and pick up in a designated line at GenCon. I think it may have been Privateer Press or Wyrd.

Something like that would be nice for 5e.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I want to play it at gencon, not buy it there. An rpg is too much to digest to just pick it up and start playing.

Naw. That's how most people start RPGs, and it's the stated goal. You pick it up, and you just start playing. That's what you DO at Con games. In fact, it's often worse than that - you DON'T pick it up, and you just sit down with some dice and a pencil and you depend on the DM to teach you to play.

I mean, this is how most RPGs are released these days - at Gencon, where you just sit down and start playing. Since when is that "too much to digest"?

Halivar

First Post
I mean, this is how most RPGs are released these days - at Gencon, where you just sit down and start playing. Since when is that "too much to digest"?
Also considering that 5E won't have the systematic complexity of 3E or the tactical complexity of 4E, I'm hoping the game is designed just so it can be mastered in an afternoon of guided play.

Remove ads