• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrection City IV: Et In Arcadia Ego

JimAde

First Post
Walsingham shakes his head. "Sorry. They did seem unusually large, though."

[OOC:Assuming I didn't notice anything that wasn't specifically mentioned...]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Yeats nods in silence. Without another word, he turns and gets his coat and hat. "We must be getting to the British Museum posthaste. Ms. Farr will be most interested to hear of this." Once the men are outside, he hails a cab and directs it towards the Museum. "Ms. Farr has probably the greatest knowledge of Egyptology of any of us in the Order. She'll doubtless understand the significance of this. Tell me, did Harrington by any chance have a stone with her? A large gem, formed like a scarab?"

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Diggory pauses to think. "Yes, actually. Called it 'The Jewel of Seven Stars,' if I recall correctly. Complimented Langan on getting it from the Museum." A beat. "Say, ye don't suppose that they took it from the British Museum, do ye?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Yeats nods. "It was in the British Museum. I saw it myself. But here we are," he says, stepping out of the carriage and handing the driver a coin. "Soon you'll see what this is all about," he says as they walk up the broad stairs towards the British Museum. Once inside, he walks up to the desk at the Reading Room. After a moment, he walks back. "She's not here. She must be upstairs."

He leads the others to a stairway ascending to the second floor. Once there, he leads you through several galleries of exhibits into the Egyptian galleries. In one of the rooms, by a display of papyri, stand two people engaged in discussion. Yeats interrupts them.

"Thank goodness you're still here," he says to a woman, one of the two. "We have some important information you should hear. Gentlemen," he says, turning towards the three, "Mr. E.A. Wallis-Budge and Ms. Florence Farr." He makes all the appropriate introductions.

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've paperwork to be doing," Wallis-Budge says, heading towards the stairs. As he gets out of view, Yeats turns to Farr. "These men have seen her, or someone I think may be her," he remarks. "They said she had the Jewel." Farr looks bewildered, until Yeats explains that Diggory is a member of the Dawn.

"Where exactly was this?" she asks.

Two more visual aids - the Reading Room and Florence Farr. BTW, Kajamba, Jonathan Wield will meet Inspector Diggory at his home when you're done here at the Museum.

Attachments

• readingroom_britmuseum.gif
    readingroom_britmuseum.gif
    79.3 KB · Views: 194
  • flo4a.jpg
    flo4a.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 203

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"In Wales, in, er...," Diggory pauses, searching for the name of the town, "...Partrishow, I think. Langan, the young man who took the Jewel, has a family home there. Or, so he said, if ye want to believe it."

OOC: Sounds good.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
"Oh, I believe him on that," Walsingham says. "Remember that fellow in the tavern there, seemed to think everything fit with Edward being the Kelly heir." Trevor shakes his head. "I find it hard to believe that Edward is knowingly mixed up in something nefarious. I hope we'll be able to extract him from this mess."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The two members of the Dawn nod as Walsingham and Diggory talk about Langan and his connection to the Kellys. "Well," says Farr, "the woman you met was once known as Queen Tera. You won't find her listed in any of Wallis-Budge's books, however. You see, the Egyptians felt that a person's hekau, or name, was their soul. The gods would call a person by their hekau upon entry to the afterlife. Hence, if one had no name... Tera's name was removed from all official records and monuments. The only way we know her name is that it was found, rendered in hieroglyphs, on the Jewel itself. There are vague records of a dark queen who once possessed the Jewel, so it was a small matter to connect the name Tera to that queen. Yeats tells me you think EIECET is involved in this, as well?"

JimAde

First Post
"Wait a moment," Walsingham interjects. "Are you trying to tell me that Harrington woman has been alive since hieroglyphs were in use? That's rather stretching things, isn't it?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Any stranger than meeting a sorcerer who'd been dead for a half century? Or murderous, dead blind men?" Yeats asks.

"Harrington herself? No, she looks to be in her twenties and likely is. There are a few of us who've studied Tera, or at least the texts that are about her. She's not a walking corpse, or anything so vulgar. Not like those blind men Dr. Westcott told us of. No, when Tera died she was truly dead. But in life, she had mastered her ka, her soul. She could, at will, send it out of her body - similar to the Dawn's practices of astral projection," she says to Diggory. "She also possessed in her treasury a huge star ruby, the size of a fist. This she had carved into the shape of a scarab. It served her as a ritual object, used in ceremonies to her goddess, Isis."

Yeats turns his head quickly, but Farr waves off concern. "No, I believe not. Our Mina - Mrs. Mathers - is a ruthless woman and her devotion to Isis is formidable, but I do not think she would ever willingly aid one such as Tera. At any rate. On her deathbed, Tera sent her soul out of her body into the ruby. A few years ago, the Jewel of Seven Stars was found and brought to this very museum by one of the Golden Dawn, a man named Abel Trelawny, and it has since remained under the care of Dr. Wallis-Budge. Until, that is, this Mr. Langan stole it.

"Now as for Ann Harrington. She most likely is one who, indeed, has real power. And by some chance or design of fate, her body was also conducive to Tera's ka. When Langan gave her the Jewel, and she gazed into it, her identity as Ann Harrington was usurped by Tera's soul.

"A very unique being, to be sure. Truly remarkable to have reached this level of magical power without any aid. But this long period of seperation of the soul from a physical body has doubtless made her irreperably insane. I am still trying to figure on where EIECET fits into this. Perhaps he thought to use Tera to aid him. In which case, he is sorely mistaken. Do not ever think to own a woman's destiny, gentlemen." She gives a small smile.

Last edited:

Remove ads