• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrection City IV: Et In Arcadia Ego

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"It's curious about EIECET, surely." Diggory pauses for a moment, then shakes his head. "I'm not able to make heads or tails of that with the information I've got. Me main question's a bit different, and I'm not sure ye'll be able to answer it either, but it bears asking. What's the connection between this lot, EIECET, and the Ripper murders? As Walsingham's said, Langan claims to be related to Mary Kelly. The East End can't sleep, and all our investigations keep on circling back onto that fall -- we've even found references to EIECET, as Dr. Verdain, in the Ripper files..." Jamison's voice trails off, and he sighs. "One thing at a time, I suppose."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"The Ripper?" Farr asks. "I've no idea how that ghastly affair would be connected. One thing at a time, as you say... though I'm sure you're dreading it, I'd suggest you have a meeting with EIECET. Perhaps then you'll get to the bottom of some of these mysteries. Yeats and I have some things to research - I admit I do have a slight suspicion about how the East End is connected, though I'm not certain. And I'm loathe to suggest things if I don't know them to have substance." Yeats looks at her quizzically, and she mutters something in reply. He nods. "I'll be down in the Reading Room." She descends the stairs, and Yeats turns back to you. "I've some things you should take with you to EIECET's caravan. Diggory, I'll bring them by your flat later." He turns and follows Farr downstairs.

Old Fezziwig

Diggory thanks Yeats and Farr for their help. To the others, he says, "If ye like to come, I'm to be meeting with Jonathan Wield from the Metropolitan Police — he's a mortician. I want to see if he's had a crack at the Bond inquest or anything else." He then heads back to his flat to wait for Wield.

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
"The Ripper?" Farr asks. "I've no idea how that ghastly affair would be connected. One thing at a time, as you say... though I'm sure you're dreading it, I'd suggest you have a meeting with EIECET. Perhaps then you'll get to the bottom of some of these mysteries. Yeats and I have some things to research - I admit I do have a slight suspicion about how the East End is connected, though I'm not certain. And I'm loathe to suggest things if I don't know them to have substance." Yeats looks at her quizzically, and she mutters something in reply. He nods. "I'll be down in the Reading Room." She descends the stairs, and Yeats turns back to you. "I've some things you should take with you to EIECET's caravan. Diggory, I'll bring them by your flat later." He turns and follows Farr downstairs.

Watching them go, Trevor says irritably, "I hate it when people say things like that. If she's got a suspicion why doesn't she just voice it? It's not like we're in a court of law or anything." He shakes his head. "Well as it looks like we're pursuing our own avenues, I think I'll have a talk with an acquaintance of mine. He may have some more details about what's going on in the East End, or possibly something on EIECET or Yesset or whatever the pompous git calls himself." Trevor pulls a cigarette case from his pocket and offers smokes to the others. He then lights one himself and says, "Good evening, gentlemen. I presume we shall re-convene in the morning? Feel free to drop round my townhouse." He takes his leave.

[OOC: Off to find Willie Stemple if I can and ask him about the subjects above. Specifically I'm looking for any more details on this sleep disturbance and whether Yesset has been conducting any "business" in London.]

Old Fezziwig

Diggory politely refuses the cigarette. "I'll be seeing you in the morning, then. Have a good evening, Walsingham."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Hewitt joins Trevor, who takes a carriage to the East End. Meanwhile, Diggory takes a cab to Soho and his flat.

You'll be split up now, until you get back together in the morning. I'll head the post with who it's addressed to.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Trevor MacAllistair, Baron Walsingham: East End

"I must admit, I'm rather surprised at your acquaintance with such individuals," Hewitt comments as Trevor engages a few... unsavory-looking chaps in conversation. "But I suppose it can be advantageous, at times." Eventually, they manage to find out where Willie is.

Just as they were told, Willie is found in the Minories, pushing a handcart full of rings and pocketwatches, all stolen, mostlike. He nods as you walk up and gestures to his cart. "Even a fella like me's got to put up some show of r'spectability, ye know?" He laughs to himself. "What can I do for ye, Walsingham?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Insp. Jamison Diggory: Soho

When Jamison returns home, Dr. Wield is waiting outside of his building. The two greet each other and make small talk as they climb the stairs to Jamison's flat. After they enter, Diggory offers Jonathan a seat. He seats himself on the sofa, and Diggory takes a seat in his leather chair.

"This is about Bond, you say?" Wield asks. "Dreadful shame about him. What do you need to know?"

JimAde

First Post
Walsingham peruses Willie's wares as he replies, "Evening, Willie. I'm trying to find someone. A friend of a friend you might say. He's a medical doctor goes by the name of Yesset. Ever heard of him?" He holds up one of the watches, letting it turn slowly on its chain. "This is a nice one," he observes. "You don't often see them pre-engraved like this."

Old Fezziwig

"Well, I was wondering if ye could tell me the basics of it — how he was found and all that, as I got news from Insp. Longtree by telegram — and if there was anything unusual or bizarre about the situation. We'd just been talking to him before we went to Wales about an investigation we're currently involved in." He pauses. "Oh, were're me manners, would ye like something to drink?" Jamison gestures to the sidebar.

Remove ads