• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Campaign (ToEE) - Part II - CLOSED!

Rhun

First Post
Kurt opens the door to find another ten by ten foot chamber. A heap of stones, large and small, is piled in the room's center. Piles of different colored dirt lie in the corners of the room and along the walls. Twelve small kegs are stacked against the southern wall.

Legildur

First Post
Kurt scratches his goattee as he views the room. "What's all this dirt about?" he asks no one in particular. "Material components for some ritual?" he offers. Kurt inspects the kegs and opens one.

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champlaign

Trevor's smiles and his sides shake with silent laughter at Dara's comment. He thinks, "Man, they would skewer me if I tried to get away with a joke like that!"

Rhun

First Post
The kegs all appear to be filled with high quality lamp oil, about seven gallons per keg. Each keg would probably fetch a few gold coins, but they also weigh over fifty pounds each.

Leif

Adventurer
Trevor Champalign

"Have we been reduced to selling our enemy's stolen lamp oil? I think not! If someone insists upon carrying some of this home, perhaps we can just take up a collection to pay him to get a grip and find some real treasure!

Legildur

First Post
Kurt grunts in response. "I'd only make you carry it in punishment," he mutters. "I say we leave this place for the moment and explore some further before the cleric can gather some assistance."
ooc: that would require us to either pick our way carefully through the Spike Stones and/or have Verdis spider walk us over it.

Rhun

First Post
As you move to leave the small room, Kurt notices a piece of parchment tacked on the inside of the chamber's door. Leaning close, he reads the message:

"Romag, High Priest of the Temple of Elemental Earth,

I grow tired of telling you to pay your fealty to the Temple of Elemental Water. This is your last warning; should you ignore this message, know that you will suffer a horrible death. Your place is clear in the natural order of things. You only have to look at the orb that is Oerth to see that the power of the great elements is reflected in the predominance of water over land. Kneel before us in homage, or you shall soon find yourself destroyed.

- Belsornig, Chief of the Water Temple"

Several obscene words and crudely drawn pictures have been added to the missive, probably drawn by Romag.

Remove ads