• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs (OOC)

Becca Bot

First Post
doghead said:
Tends to happen. Fresh meat and all that. The old timers have probably already picked through each other's personal lives by now.

It's only been a WEEK! :D Get creative. Make up stuff. Refer to something Tish earlier talked about, but be CANON. Don't be so specific and out of character (for the person you're talking about) that it controls them. Or talk about how you were explaining your reason for being in, but no one cared. Then we can react to it in a way that best shows how good WE (not our characters) are at this rat race sorta' show. Hell, lie if you have to -- just don't think it's over 'cause we've known each other for a week. If anything, that makes us have MORE to talk about.

---***---

And for the record: I made it ABUNDANTLY clear that this is the first good conversation Tish has had. The rest of you made many references to being the "silent type" so Tish doesn't really know JACK about anyone. Remember, she said as a side note "Mahk--is that his name?" because, well, no one's bothered to introduce themselves as far as I'M concerned (for her). Now, if someone says, for example: "I've already introduced myself to the half-eared elfy over there, but..." then I'd assume Tish and that person have some sort of relationship. Also, hints that it's not a good relationship come from lack of them using her name, or maybe even insulting her. See? We don't have to get along. In fact, fighting might give us more to talk about. As of now, though, Tish's opinions of everyone are that they haven't said much of anything all week -- 'cept for Josh, who's a blabberbutt, Tyson (who refers back to telling "elfy", aka Tish, about why he's there and how she didn't care **GOOD !**) and Mahk who's grunting half his words, but he has indeed not said much directly to Tish, but just glared at her. :)

See what I mean, or am I blowing hot air here?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Agreed. Not only that, but baring our ability to read your character sheets and instantly understand how the character thinks, posting a little bit, particularly in character, helps give people glimpses into the character's persona, as well as helps develope it.

As far as actualy fighting, I'd keep it to a dull bicker, simply because an all out fight can be pretty disruptive.

On the other hand, Don't step too far out of character to make a scene, but if your character isn't willing to at least occasionaly say something to the other people shoved into this room with them, then he's going to have trouble finding reasons to come with the party later when they get moving.

I don't know what our hook will be, but we'll need to come togeather at some point idealy, so giving yourself a hook to do that, be it caring for some of the other cell mates, seeing financial opertunity, shere safety in numbers, or even pawns to use in your own personal game of power. If we can find the occasional common ground, it never hurts.

And, obviously, your entire character's history and ability won't be layed bare at the moment, I know there's more to Orb than she's revealed, but it will come for everyone.

dave_o

Explorer
If you wanna make a Perform check or what-not just make an OOC request for it at the bottom of whatever post you're making the Perform attempt in. :D Yah, sorry, I'm very obscenely swamped with finals and just as a warning the game will be going on a two-week hiatus since Becca and I will be in the mountains and I won't have access to my D&D stuff or maybe even the internet.

But we will, of course, come back from that. The two-week hiatus will be from December 20th to January 4th, so just [INSERT GENERIC HOLIDAY HERE] time.

I'm really really enjoying the thought going into roleplaying. Between this and A Fisful of Guilders (which I decided to replace my IRL game with when we get back in January) I'm gonna have a truckload of sticky D&D goodness on my hands.

Becca Bot

First Post
To KikuNoMaru --

Quick question for Maru-ru. Would Tish know Lliend's last name? You've been talked to by the new comer from above, and Caplin is your last name, yes? But I'm assuming that Tish may only know your first name. Just depends on what introductions went on when you (almost) freed her. I can roll with whatever you decide; just awaiting your response.

(And by the way, what's your name mean? I think I know what "kiku" means, but maybe not in that context. I'm learning Japanese, so if it's from kanji I might not know what kiku means. :) That is, if it's the on'yomi way of saying it.)

Songdragon

Explorer
Bront... Oooo... now Orb can speak to Makh in the nice gutteral langauge known as goblin ;)

Dave... How high up is the grate and what is the cell's surface like for climbing?

~ Songdragon ~

Becca Bot

First Post
I'm gonna miss you guys! *sob* But yeah, we won't have any promised connection that we know of. My parents are kinda' behind the times, besides I never see them so I'd feel bad ignoring them. BUT WHO KNOWS. We might have time for a post or two if we have the internet.

dave_o

Explorer
Songdragon said:
Bront... Oooo... now Orb can speak to Makh in the nice gutteral langauge known as goblin ;)

Dave... How high up is the grate and what is the cell's surface like for climbing?

~ Songdragon ~

Well, it's a stormdrain, uh, tough to explain. It's essentially one of those slits in the curb you see that water goes into. You guys just happen to be where the water goes (the jail's a rennovated sewer).

But, the walls are grimy stone, and I'd say the stormdrain is at the junction of wall and ceiling on the west wall, about 30' up.

Becca Bot

First Post
doghead said:
Gambatte Becca-san

Nihon-go wa chotto muzukashi desho.

thotd.

Hahaha. I understood that! Tho' it's more casual than we're learning. Our teacher has us speaking so formally that any Japanese person my own age would stare at me funny. In fact, Japanese people have told me that they hardly use some of the expressions we're learning. Our teacher IS old AND crazy tho.

And thanks, but I find it really easy.

doghead said:
STORMDRAIN

We have a better chance with the door. :D

Remove ads