(S)Entry - Nights Black Agents - Recruitment thread (2 spots left, jump in whenever)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ha! I can tell I have pride of ownership. I'd argue that stats are ephemeral, but the backgrounds are the things that make those characters work.

I was thinking the same thing :) I think mudbunny's just clarified an important point, though - there's a difference between "I'd like people to change the backgrounds" and "I'd like people to change the backgrounds if they'd like".

I don't think it's unreasonable giving people a chance to personalise, but I figure most of us will keep the major points intact to preserve the interlinked relationships...

-Hyp.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Yeah...forcing people to rewrite the backstories is totally not what I mean to write. I am not sure how I typed what i did. I will blame it on not enough caffeine and being sleep-deprived.

Let me fix that...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Oh, cool. Thanks!

I'm really delighted that these PCs have become sort of half-assed iconics for NBA. That's neat. Mace Hunter's reach gradually grows.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Oh, cool. Thanks!

I'm really delighted that these PCs have become sort of half-assed iconics for NBA. That's neat. Mace Hunter's reach gradually grows.

What's his meta-story? Is he a pregen who's migrated from system to system over the years?

And yeah - as the only set of pregens available for download from the official NBA site, I think their iconic status is probably more than just de facto!

-Hyp.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
What's his meta-story? Is he a pregen who's migrated from system to system over the years?
Mace Hunter has been banging around different rules systems for a decade; he's fought giant gators in the Amazon Jungle (Mace Hunter and the Crocodile God, Adventure!) and battled Ponce de Leon himself (Mace Hunter and the Fountain of Youth, Savage Worlds). He's unraveled galactic mysteries in Ashen Stars, he's charmed the ladies and fought vampires in Night's Black Agents, he's shot through the sky on a rocket pack in Danger Patrol!. I'm sure he'll show up in TimeWatch as well as a Doc Savage analogue or turn-of-the-century African Explorer.

Mace originated on a corporate mailing list back in the 90s when I saw we had someone named "Mace Hunter, Plant Manager." Plant Manager? That's ridiculous. No one named Mace Hunter is actually a Plant Manager. So I've set out to correct this cosmic injustice by giving him the heroic roles he's deserved. One of these days he'll get to be "Mace Hunter, Private Eye," and I'll finally be satisfied.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Mace originated on a corporate mailing list back in the 90s when I saw we had someone named "Mace Hunter, Plant Manager." Plant Manager? That's ridiculous. No one named Mace Hunter is actually a Plant Manager. So I've set out to correct this cosmic injustice by giving him the heroic roles he's deserved. One of these days he'll get to be "Mace Hunter, Private Eye," and I'll finally be satisfied.

Oh my God, that is amazing, :D .

To answer your question though: Yes, if you want to take Gabriella I can stick with Mace.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
So I've set out to correct this cosmic injustice by giving him the heroic roles he's deserved. One of these days he'll get to be "Mace Hunter, Private Eye," and I'll finally be satisfied.

So you're saying the multiverse has a grand plan to see Mace Hunter finally recognised by all as a Dick?

Wait, I should stop doing that now.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
So we have a confirmed Mace Hunter, Hung-Ke Lee, Gabriella Castellanos, and Ashcan Quinn - you're waiting on word from [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], [MENTION=6705529]tunafish[/MENTION], and maybe [MENTION=88980]71gamer[/MENTION] about Felix duBois and Persephone Cardiff before going out to market?

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Remove ads