(Saga Edition): Star Wars Classics

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Man, I feel totally outclassed in SW knowledge. :)

I'm not near my copy of the Saga book.

My basic idea is to play a human scout, from a backwater planet, stowed away on some transport and is trying to figure out this whole universe.

drothgery

First Post
You obviously need a capable pilot for that thing... How about saving a 'Doshan life and getting one for free ;)

I was thinking that when Darryn acquired the ship, he was an ordinary (if somewhat wealthy) newly minted doctor. As such, the ship has no weapons beyond what it comes with, and he flies it himself (he's not a bad pilot; not a great one, and not a combat pilot, but he's trained in Pilot) and either has a friend as mechanic or hires one.

After the destruction of Alderaan, a few things happen
1 - He's somewhat wealthier, because he's the only surviving heir to the off-world assets of a fairly large number of rich people (lawyers are still straightening this out).
2 - He quickly goes from being uninterested in politics to having a vendetta against the Empire, and is willing to spend money like water in that cause
3 - If the friend/hireling mechanic isn't a PC, he either isn't interested in Darryn's private war, or is killed
4 - So he's looking for new crew and help upgrading his ship, which of course has no weapons beyond what it came with, and no shields. That would be illegal :).

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Shalimar: Concept looks good. Stats pass a quick once-over.

Galphanore: Good proposal for upgrades, but it's up to drothgery for what--if any--upgrades he puts on it.

Shalimar

First Post
Stella would make a good mechanic, she isn't skill focused in it but a +13 is nothing to sneeze at, and she also makes a pretty good pilot. She also fits in with the vendetta against the empire, and having access to a ship makes her a moving target rather than a stationary one that relies on public transport.

Either way, like Guri she appears to be a fully normal human woman with the only thing that doesn't register as human about her is her bones come up as an unknown biological material. She is capable of eating, drinking, and performing other female acts. She doesn't advertise what she is due to her extreme rarity and value (Guri the prototype cost 9 million credits).

Galphanore

First Post
Galphanore: Good proposal for upgrades, but it's up to drothgery for what--if any--upgrades he puts on it.
I know, drothgery asked if anyone could put together an upgrade package for his ship for him. I was just offering a possible upgrade set on his spec :)

possum

First Post
OKay, everyone. You all may already know this, but it's better to be safe than sorry. If any of you come across something in this game that you don't recognize, you might want to try and use this resource to help you all.

Wookieepedia.

drothgery

First Post
I know, drothgery asked if anyone could put together an upgrade package for his ship for him. I was just offering a possible upgrade set on his spec :)

Which looks pretty good, though I'll need to cut back some of Darryn's exorbiant equipment to afford it. No need for the superior tech knife, or the encrypted, long range, mintuarized, holo comlink :).

I'm still figuring out how SagaSheet works.

Stella would make a good mechanic, she isn't skill focused in it but a +13 is nothing to sneeze at, and she also makes a pretty good pilot. She also fits in with the vendetta against the empire, and having access to a ship makes her a moving target rather than a stationary one that relies on public transport.

Cool.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I was thinking that when Darryn acquired the ship, he was an ordinary (if somewhat wealthy) newly minted doctor. As such, the ship has no weapons beyond what it comes with, and he flies it himself (he's not a bad pilot; not a great one, and not a combat pilot, but he's trained in Pilot) and either has a friend as mechanic or hires one.

Well, I'm building S'Sheer as Pilot/Mechanic as his primary skills so he might be a friend to Darryn ;)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Here's so far. Still lack two feats and I need to choose what type of weapon I prefer (probably Rifles), lack a language and eguipment too.
Oh, and I changed the initial point buy to 12, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10

EDIT: Updated Sheet on next page

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
If he is suppoused to be a pilot, Vehicular Combat would be a good idea. So would the Starship Tactics feat from Starships of the Galaxy.

Remove ads