• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory: OOC

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
So, Rowaini only get a craft bonus and Legendary item? Sounds like the shaft. :]
I dunno--they seem relatively balanced with most of the other guys. We had this discussion with Valerie the Witch a little while ago. Look at the Feldori, for instance. They're pretty cool, right? But the +2 Balance is worse than the Craft ability (particularly since it includes Masterpiece weapons), and the +2 Paternal Power can be more than replaced with the Legendary Item, so the leftover from those two balances out (possibly with stuff to spare) with Luck Affinity. The Nymphs have a minor and oft-forgotten beauty ability, +2 to two skills, and then Symbiosis, which is mainly flavour except in a running-out-of-food game, and they're still cool.

Bront

The man with the probe
I guess it's compairing to the Altanins, who get human + stats (Bigger bonuses than Rowaini's too) + Magic stuff.

Personaly, I would put bonus feat and skills as close to edging out the Rowaini advantages as balance in and of itself. All the Rowaini abilities require XP expendature, which greatly limits them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I guess it's compairing to the Altanins, who get human + stats (Bigger bonuses than Rowaini's too) + Magic stuff.

Personaly, I would put bonus feat and skills as close to edging out the Rowaini advantages as balance in and of itself. All the Rowaini abilities require XP expendature, which greatly limits them.
Ah, the Altanians...

The Altanians have an inherent trade-off though (although I looked at Spellfrenzied just recently and realised I messed it up, it being the first class and all, and need to edit it). Actually, I should make the Arcane Armour Prof part of all the classes insetad, but when I initially wrote them, I was lazy and put it in the race, so I inherited that grandfather (The Altanian classes other than Arcanist, including Spellfrenzied when I fix it, have a UA Battle-Sorcereresque tradeoff, with the benefit listed in the race and the detriment not, which makes the race look stronger than it is).

If you consider to be the Altanians to be normal humans with Spellcasting Prodigy also, they fall in line pretty well with all the others.

Bront

The man with the probe
Can Vanessa take the Natural Talent feat?

I was pondering either Sense Motive, or KN: Nobility. Both of which make sense for who she is. The Witch Skill list is not condusive to her particular upbrining (which I realize is my fault for asking her to be a witch).

Realy, I'm stumped on feats for her in general, mostly from a "Which way to go" perspective.

On a side note, she has Color Spray and what else as her 1st level arcane spells? Not sure if she cast another.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Can Vanessa take the Natural Talent feat?

I was pondering either Sense Motive, or KN: Nobility. Both of which make sense for who she is. The Witch Skill list is not condusive to her particular upbrining (which I realize is my fault for asking her to be a witch).

Realy, I'm stumped on feats for her in general, mostly from a "Which way to go" perspective.

On a side note, she has Color Spray and what else as her 1st level arcane spells? Not sure if she cast another.
That or just the one (from Races of Destiny?) that gives you all skills at one-for-one price. Rowaini have the [Human] subtype and can take that feat. There are plenty of cool feat choices, but pick whatever you like. For spells, I think the only one she's cast in the game is Colour Spray, so you can pick whichever ones you'd prefer, using the rules for Witch.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool, forgot about the one from ROD (Able Learner). Might go that route instead.
It's a good'un, and then Swashbuckler will raise her cap on them too, which opens them all up for Witch again and is a nice synergy between the feat and the multiclassing. Are you thinking 2 levels in Swashbuckler for Evasion (and capping her Int bonus to AC until she gets an Int item) or 3 for Insightful Strike?

Bront

The man with the probe
What I've got so far...

[sblock=Vanessa]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Vanessa 
[B]Class:[/B] Witch/Swashbuckler
[B]Race:[/B] Rowaini
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (10)     [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] -
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (14)     [B]BAB:[/B] +2         [B]HP:[/B] 19 (2d6+1d10+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (12)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +2     
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (14)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      
[B]Wis:[/B] 18 +4 (18)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        
[B]Cha:[/B] 20 +5 (20)     [B]ACP:[/B] 0          

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +2    +0    +0    +1    13
[B]Touch:[/B] 19              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 21

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      2    +1          +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2          +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +4          +7

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
MW Rapier                 +5       1d6      18-20x2

[B]Languages:[/B]
Eldish, Rowaini, Byblan

[B]Abilities:[/B]
[u]Rowaini Racial Abilities[/u]
- +3 on all Craft Skills
- Legendary Item
[u]Witch Class Abilities[/u]
Witch's Familiar
[u]Swashbuckler Abilities[/u]
Canny Defense

Spells per day: 
Cast: 10/9
DC: 15 + Spell Level
Caster Level: 3
Arcane Spells Known:
L0 - 5 : Prestidigitation, Read Magic,  Dancing Lights, Detect Poison, Message
L1 - 2 : Color Spray, Charm Person

Nature Spells Available:
4/3
L0 : Detect Magic,  Resistance, Mending, Flare
L1 : Cure Light Wounds, Faerie Fire, Endure Elements

[B]Feats:[/B] 
1  Able Learner
W1 Brew Potion
3  Practiced Spellcaster
S3 Weapon Finesse

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 38       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Bluff			   5    +5          +10
Craft: Alchemy		   2    +2   +3     +7
Diplomacy		   5    +5   +4     +14
Disguise		   3    +5   +2     +10
Heal			   5    +4          +9
KN: Arcana		   2    +2          +4
KN: Nature		   2    +2          +4
KN: Nobility		   3    +2          +5
Listen			   1    +4          +5
Sense Motive		   5    +4          +9
Spellcraft		   4    +2          +6
Spot			   1    +4          +5

[B]Equipment:                       Cost  Weight[/B]
2 Waterskins			4	8
[B]Total Weight:[/B]35lb      [B]Money:[/B] ?? Credits

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                33     66    100   200   500

[B]Age:[/B] ?
[B]Height:[/B] ?
[B]Weight:[/B] ?
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Blonde
[B]Skin:[/B] Fair
Appearance:
She has fair and silky blonde hair, a rare hair-colour among Rowaini, envied for its beauty, arranged meticulously to fall down her back in a series of lovely curls. Her lovely face is punctuated by bright blue eyes, and ruby-red lips that are open in a smile. Her gorgeous red dress serves to highlight and accentuate her voluptuous curves, svelte figure, and delightfully-ample bust, hallmark physical traits of the female Rowaini elite

Background:
[/sblock]

I need an appearance, as you know that, and monies, and 2 feats.

Last edited:

Remove ads