Should off-topic polls be allowed in the Off-Topic Forum?

Should off-topic polls be allowed in the off-topic forum?

• Yes, allow off-topic polls.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • No, don't allow off-topic polls.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Neither of your options is adequate for me, fool!

Votes: 17 27.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm all for off-topic polls. I chose number 3 because it allowed me to call Eric a fool and get away with it.

HAHAHAHA, FOOL!!!

Seriously, I'm all for it.

I can dredge up my closed poll about how you refer to soda pop. Coke, or pop, or soda, or whatnot. Need to find that...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm with Henry. I don't see any reason to think that folks would behave much differently with them here than they did back in the General forum. If anything, they'd perhaps be even more likely to get out of hand, as here you'd not have the, "Keep it on topic!" hammer with which you could beat people.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
johnsemlak said:
So what's the word? Has the ban been lifted?
According to the above poll results so far, Yes, No and Fool seem to be tied, so I guess that is a Maybe. But johnsemlak, seeing as how you have been named today's Hiver of the Day over on the Hivemind thread I guess that means that you have the keys to the forum and can do whatever you want!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Title of forum would have to be changed. :)

Attachments

• brain_fart_lg_clr.gif
    brain_fart_lg_clr.gif
    56 KB · Views: 81

Mercule

Adventurer
die_kluge said:
I'm all for off-topic polls. I chose number 3 because it allowed me to call Eric a fool and get away with it.
Pretty much exactly my feelings. Except that I voted "Fool" because it's the best-written "none of the above I've ever seen".

EricNoah

Adventurer
Wow, year-and-a-half-old poll resurrected!

I thought I read in Meta, just recently, that polls are now allowed in OT as long as they aren't just completely pointless. I.e. the current thread about anual income -- the poll part of it is relevant and useful. But someone just wanting to start a silly or humorous or "tastes great/less filling" poll probably should show good judgement and not do that.

Crothian

First Post
Isn't this kinda like asking kids under 18 if the voting age should be lowered?? To havea more serious poll it should be placed somewhere that is not filled with the biased element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads