Should off-topic polls be allowed in the Off-Topic Forum?

Should off-topic polls be allowed in the off-topic forum?

• Yes, allow off-topic polls.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • No, don't allow off-topic polls.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Neither of your options is adequate for me, fool!

Votes: 17 27.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Isn't this kinda like asking kids under 18 if the voting age should be lowered?? To havea more serious poll it should be placed somewhere that is not filled with the biased element.

I can't recall for sure but I think this thread was moved out of Meta at some point ... 18 months ago when it was relevant! :D

Harmon

First Post
Ya, allow them.

If they become annoying then the Mod should shut them down.

If they are plausable and understanding- "what should I do-?" and its a legitament question then it should be allowed. If its something that comes fromt he smelly end of a bull then "bye-bye."

EricNoah said:
Wow, year-and-a-half-old poll resurrected!

I thought I read in Meta, just recently, that polls are now allowed in OT as long as they aren't just completely pointless. I.e. the current thread about anual income -- the poll part of it is relevant and useful. But someone just wanting to start a silly or humorous or "tastes great/less filling" poll probably should show good judgement and not do that.
What he said.

Imagine that: getting a well reasoned policy about ENWorld operation from, of all people, Eric Noah.

Some people come here to learn about D&D 3E. Some people come here to learn about other editions, other games, or even movies, tv, and non-RPG books. Some people even come here to learn about romance and dating.

Maybe some people who come here will learn about discretion and consideration. I think some things worth taking polls on are clearly off-topic, e.g. my recent "what year were you born" thread: it clearly doesn't fit into any of the other forum topic-areas, but it also doesn't work without a poll.

I would rather see off-topic polls in off topic than in general. People seem pretty reasonable, for the most part, about what they post polls on.

free opinion for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads