Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Manzanita

First Post
round 4

OOC: Rowan's fort save: 15+9=24!

Aside[sblock]OK. I think I screwed up. Rowan probably shouldn't have his shield at all. Here is his post where he states what he is bringing. That would imply that Rowan would have left his shield, since he normally keeps that on his horse. I'm thinking now that he could have put it (or his backpack) in Phoenix's bag of holding. Maybe he could have even brought his battle axe, which is the weapon he would normally use with his shield. For now, though, I'll assume he doesn't have his battle axe on him. Or his silvered sword, so the only weapon he can fight with while using a shield is his dagger. So...[/sblock]

IC: Rowan finally masters his disgust, and goes back on the offensive. Dropping his shield, he jerks out his heavy flail and swings with both hands at the giant roach.

OOC2: drop shield as free action. Draw flail as move action (No AoO), and attack (standard action). He will use full combat expertise on defense. Thus is AC is 23, and his attack is +3 1d10+4. Rolls 13+3=16; 2+4=6 dmg. May hit. I've gone back & looked at his HPs, too. He took 16 dmg in the fall, and healed 6 of that. The roaches have since done 40 dmg. He starts with 53 HPs. So he's now at 3. Yikes! He could rage to gain another 10 HPs. I suppose he'll do that next round, though it reduces his AC...

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: Rowan's fort save: 15+9=24!

Aside[sblock]OK. I think I screwed up. Rowan probably shouldn't have his shield at all. Here is his post where he states what he is bringing. That would imply that Rowan would have left his shield, since he normally keeps that on his horse. I'm thinking now that he could have put it (or his backpack) in Phoenix's bag of holding. Maybe he could have even brought his battle axe, which is the weapon he would normally use with his shield. For now, though, I'll assume he doesn't have his battle axe on him. Or his silvered sword, so the only weapon he can fight with while using a shield is his dagger. So...[/sblock]

[sblock=Manzanita] It is conceivable that Rowan would have placed his axe and shield in Phoenix bag of holding. He is the fighter type even if not exactly his class these are his tolls for work. I will allow it, besides you guys are short one or two people for the adventure anyway so it will be tough enough.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Round 5 Fort rolls needed for all 3 characters.

Order:
Rowan- sways a bit with the loss of so much blood and nauseated manages only to move closer to Lookspring and Phoenix.

Giant Roach #1 - 6 damage - attacks Rowan misses

Swarm - no attack (no one prone)

Giant Roach #2 - 15 damage - attacks Lookspring misses

Phoenix - nauseated manages to move to get flanking bonus on GR#1

Lookspring - fires 2 arrows the first missing GR#1 and the 2nd hitting GR#2 for 5 pts damage.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Rowan! Use the wan...wa...WAAAACHHUULP" Phoenix shouts as the bug goo makes her stomach heave once more and she dry heaves and spits up bile.

Still hoping to help Rowan, Phoenix staggers to try and put herself between the giant bug and him, or to get behind it to make hitting it easier once she can lift her arms again to attack.

Round 5- Fort save (1d20+3=10)

BigB

First Post
Round 6 Fort rolls needed for all 3 characters.

Order:
Rowan- Raging in anger delivers a mighty blow to the Giant Roach smashing part of the bugs body.

Giant Roach #1 - 24 damage - attacks Rowan biting flesh for 8pts damage.

Swarm - no attack (no one prone)

Giant Roach #2 - 15 damage - attacks Lookspring biting for 7 pts damage.

Phoenix - delivers the killing blow to GR#1.

Lookspring - manages to fire 2 arrows at the roach biting him but watches both arrows deflect off the bugs shell.

Last edited:

Remove ads