Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
OK, sorry I misread about his weapon. Since it didn't hit, it doesn't make a difference. Now if the battleaxe had been masterwork...

Rowan throws the dagger squarely at the hellhound (attack: 15) but the beast's infernal hide prevents it from penetrating. That's two attacks in a row that he missed hitting by 1.

Lookspring 20
Phoenix 8
gob3 8 (125' away)
Rowan 7
hellhound 7

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Bleeding badly from multiple wounds and burned flesh, Lookspring sways on his feet. He holds his handaxe in front of him and feebly tries to fend off the beasts next attack.

OOC: Using Total Defense, AC is now 24. He has 7 hit points remaining.

orsal

LEW Judge
The beastly creature is now heavily injured, but not dead. The goblin flees further, and is now beyond range of any of your senses. Rowan is next.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan can't pursue the goblin effectively in the dark. He charges the hellhound and tries to sink his axe into its head with both hands.

orsal

LEW Judge
Rowan can't pursue the goblin effectively in the dark. He charges the hellhound and tries to sink his axe into its head with both hands.

And the DM's spreadsheet says... Natural 20! Critical confirmed (19). Total damage: 19 HP.

Rowan charges the hellhound, landing the perfect blow on the creature, which immediately vanishes.

(Talk about overkill. If reducing it to -16 hit points hadn't been enough, it was due to return to its native plane this round on its initiative, which was next.

That combat appears to be over. What do you do?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring slumps to the floor with a grimace of pain. He gingerly feels his numerous wounds and does his best to stem the flow of blood. He looks around before saying, "I'll not be risking my neck for such little payment. Another moment with the hound and I would be breathing my last."

OOC: Did we buy a wand from the guy in the tavern? I don't have one on my sheet so not sure who has one left. Going to need about 30hps of healing to get back up to full.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan has numerous charges left on his wand of healing, and will now dish some out. Then Rowan sits and puts his back against the stone wall, fatigued from his rage and the fight.

"What were those thing, and why were they here? We should proceed and try to find their treasure. That goblin shamen may be back with reinforcements soon. And let's check those bodies for loot before we continue."

OOC: Have you been keeping track of our HPs, Orsal? CLW cures 2-8 pts doesn't it? So he'll use 3 on Looky, and at least one on himself. Does Phoenix need some too?

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: Have you been keeping track of our HPs, Orsal? CLW cures 2-8 pts doesn't it? So he'll use 3 on Looky, and at least one on himself. Does Phoenix need some too?

If my records are correct:
Rowan 32/58
Phoenix 60/67
Lookspring 27/37

CLW wands are usually made at caster level 1, so 2-9 HP (d8+1).

I'll post loot and XP when I get a chance.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Rowan will check the bodies for loot. Now, about HPs, is your figure the amount of damage each PC has taken? So Lookspring currently has 3 hps? But then Phoenix has taken 60 dmg?

Remove ads