• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smallville-Season 7-Kara. 10/2007

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
karagallery.jpg

Kara

Writer: Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer

Director: James Conway

Star: Tom Welling (Clark Kent/Kal-El of Krypton), Michael Rosenbaum (Alexander ('Lex') Joseph Luthor), Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Laura Vandervoort (Kara)

Guest Star: Michael Cassidy (VI) (Grant Gabriel)

CLARK MEETS HIS COUSIN KARA KENT AND VISITS JOR-EL — Clark (Tom Welling) and Lois (Erica Durance) discover Kara’s (Laura Vandervoort) spaceship but before they can open it, Kara appears and knocks Lois out. Clark is shocked after Kara tells him she is there to protect baby Kal-El. Despite Kara’s appearance, a despondent Clark decides that without Lana (Kristin Kreuk) there is nothing keeping him in Smallville, and heads to the Fortress of Solitude to begin his training as a superhero. However, Jor-El tells him Kara’s father - Zor-El, who is Jor-El’s brother - is evil and Kara is dangerous, therefore Clark must stay in Smallville to find out why she came to Earth. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) makes a stunning discovery regarding Lana and Project 33.1. Allison Mack, Aaron Ashmore and John Glover also star. James Conway directed the pilot written by Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer (#3T6302).​

EricNoah said:
I'll be curious to see if SV's Kara is as hot as my Kara. :D

(And freakily enough, my wife has a sister named Lana!)
Wow this girl can't act. I was hoping lana didn't show back up but apparently she's still a regular. Tell me again what changed from last year.

Grymar

Explorer
halfpintgamer1976 said:
Wow this girl can't act. I was hoping lana didn't show back up but apparently she's still a regular. Tell me again what changed from last year.

Nothing changes, ever. The only perma-death I can remember is John Kent, but he's still listed in the credits so who knows.

Overall, a good episode. Kara looks hot but a bit odd. Her acting went from bad to average, so I'm hoping it improves the longer she is on.

Crothian

First Post
Wow, lots of things have changes since the first season and considering the show is aimed at teens and such the changes have been obvious. But as for deaths the show doesn't kill people and I'm surprised by how many people still seem surprised by that.

What's up with the crystal? Why are directions and instructions eighteen years out of date so important? I do like they are including the government in on this though I'm not thrilled with the introduction of Supergirl.

Volaran

First Post
Crothian said:
What's up with the crystal? Why are directions and instructions eighteen years out of date so important? I do like they are including the government in on this though I'm not thrilled with the introduction of Supergirl.

Perhaps it was the equivilent of the crystal that built Clark's fortress. Something from Zor-El to provide her a base of operations and training.

Grymar

Explorer
Crothian said:
Wow, lots of things have changes since the first season and considering the show is aimed at teens and such the changes have been obvious. But as for deaths the show doesn't kill people and I'm surprised by how many people still seem surprised by that.

It is the fake deaths that bug me. Remember when that one girl got blown up during the season finale only to find out in the next season that it was planned to make everyone think she was dead? It's been done twice now.

Lois has died, only to return. Lana has died what...six times?

Between faked deaths, time travel, Jor-el getting involved...I'd love to see the "almost" body count of this show some time.

Grymar said:
It is the fake deaths that bug me. Remember when that one girl got blown up during the season finale only to find out in the next season that it was planned to make everyone think she was dead? It's been done twice now.

Lois has died, only to return. Lana has died what...six times?

Between faked deaths, time travel, Jor-el getting involved...I'd love to see the "almost" body count of this show some time.
I would at least like them to pretend the person will disappear for a period of time. It's becoming more absurd how they explain someone didn't die.

Glyfair

Explorer
Grymar said:

And realize it is only a tiny small fraction of the number of times it happened in the comics.

Glyfair said:
And realize it is only a tiny small fraction of the number of times it happened in the comics.
It's not as much about the body count, but making it believable. They should learn from the soaps. Let a character stay dead for a few episodes. Draw out the drama.

Remove ads