* Fort +6 ___________ [3 base, +1 con, +2 familiar]
* Refl +3 ___________ [1 base, +2 dex]
* Will +6 ___________ [5 base, +1 wis]

Skills (3*4)+(5*3) = 27
* Bluff +9 .......... (5 ranks, +4 Cha)
* Concentrate +5 .... (4 ranks, +1 Con)
* Gather Info +9 .... (5 ranks, +4 Cha)
* Knowledge Arcana +5 (4 ranks, +1 Int)
* Listen +3 ......... (0 ranks, +1 Wis, +2 racial)
* Search +3 ......... (0 ranks, +1 Int, +2 racial)
* Spell-craft +5..... (4 ranks, +1 Int)
* Spot +3 ........... (0 ranks, +1 Wis, +2 racial)
* Survival +6 ....... (5 ranks, +1 Wis)

Spells per Day (Sorcerer 1)
* Level 0/1/2/3/4/
* Class 5/3/-/-/-/
* Bonus -/1/1/1/1/
* Total 5/4/0/0/0/
Spells Known (Sorcerer 1)
* 4 x 0th - Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Message, Touch of Fatigue.
* 2 x 1st - Mage Armour, Cause Fear.
Caster Level 4, DC 18 [10 + 4 + 4]

Racial Feats and Abilities
* +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
* Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
* Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
* Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
* Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
* Favoured Class: Wizard. A multi-class elf ’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multi-classing.

Class/Level Feats
* Point Blank Shot [Level 1]
* Sorcerous Blood [Paragon 1]
* Natual Armour +1 [Paragon 2]
* Breath Weapon 2/day [Paragon 3]
* Eschew Materials [Level 3]

Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven.

Equipment

Total Weight

Carrying: Light 23, Medium 46, Heavy 70 lb.

Appearance: Age 123, Height 5'2", Weight 101 lb.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=BACKGROUND]

Sound of Rain Falling on Leaves was born in Valenar, a member of the Bitter Wind war-clan. Rains's mother was a clan warrior fiercely free spirited and deadly with the bow. Her father was one of the clan's Keepers of the Past. He had a beautiful singing voice and a powerful way with healing. But unlike his wife he was a quiet man with a deep wellspring of anger inside. Despite his attempts to conceal it, Rain knew it was there. As children do, Rain believed that she was responsible for his anger because she was different.

Rain's early childhood was much like that of any other child in the clan and Rain was much any other child; except perhaps in her ability to get into scrapes. Rain was a tearaway, driven by a desire to test her limits. She wanted to poke ants nests and explore caves. As she grew older, she wanted to be a warrior like her mother. Her parents wanted her to slow down, listen to the sound of the rain falling on leaves and spend more time mastering her abilities and developing her powers. Sorcery was not held in the esteem that wizardry was, but it was an arcane art nevertheless. But Rain had little interest in developing her powers. She wanted to learn to wield a sword and ride.

As Rain grew, she came to understand that Bitter Wind was not like the other clans. Valenar clans are tied together by complex ties of blood, marriage and debt. Bitter Wind was different, made up of a disparate group of families and individuals whose only tie to each other was their shared loyalty to the clan. Bitter Wind did not fit into Valenar society in the way the other clans did. It was not that the clan was unwelcome. The clan's work keeping the dangerous north western borders safe ensured respect. It just that they were not welcome in the way other clans were.

Rain also came to understand that her maternal grandmother was in some way central to her family belonging to the clan. Rain vaguely recalls her grandmother appearing when Rain was very young. Grandmother was tall, aloof and terrifying, despite the fact that she never carried a weapon or wielded magic in all the time Rain knew her. Rain remembers little of her grandmother other than the fact that she said little but watched Rain with unblinking intensity. Rain's parents watched Grandmother with a similar intensity. One day, in a swirl of anger and recriminations, Grandmother was gone.

As Rain approached her maturity, she did try to develop her ability as a sorcerer. But despite her efforts, she developed in ways that were both strange and exhilarating. Rain did her best to conceal this, but she lived among people wiser and more experienced in the arcane arts than she and inevitably the truth came out. Bitter Wind never threatened to banish Rain, but Rain knew, even after she had ascended to adulthood in the clan, that she would always be seen as an outsider. After two winters as an adult, Rain decided that she could not stay. She had to learn what she was. The only person Rain knew who had answers was her grandmother, and the only place she knew to start looking was Xen'drik. So to Xen'drik Rain set off.

The day of Rain's departure she changed her name to Rain Washes Away Tears. When she announced it, Rain saw something in her mother's eyes that she had never seen before, and did not recognise. Her father cried that day, something Rain had never seen before either. "It was never you," he whispered to her as he gave her one last hug. Months later while watching the stars wheel overhead, Rain realised what her father had meant. Rain cried that day for the first time since leaving.

Eventually Rain found herself on a merchant ship making its way to Xen'drik. Its not an impressive vessel, nor a reputable one. But it met one essential criteria. It was cheap.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=MISC NOTES]

* Rain's grandmother has Half-Dragon paragon levels, possibly even the Half-Dragon template or something similar. She was banished from Valenar shortly after the birth of Rain's mother. Grandmother was allowed to return after the birth of her granddaughter, but on the condition that she carried no weapons and never manifest any of her powers. She stayed with the Bitter Wind for around a decade. But a terrible argument lead to her losing her temper and manifesting her powers, and she was summarily banished again. The Dragon blood skipped a generation with Rain's mother, but has reappeared in Rain.

* Rain's mother was raised by her mother's sister of the Pure Diamond Water clan. Despite showing no evidence of Dragon ancestry, Rain's mother's ascendancy into the clan was resisted by all of the clan's Keeper's except one. He championed her cause, but he was young and his voice carried little weight. When it was clear that he could not prevail, he and Rain's mother left the clan and joined Bitter Wind. They were married a few years later. The intolerance and prejudice of Pure Diamond Water and elf society generally is the source of Rain's father's rage.

* Rain's grandmother spent much of her early years in Xen'drik. It was there that she came to master her dragon heritage, becoming a powerful warrior and sorcerer. Although it was a few decades ago, there will still be many in Xen'drik who remember her name, and some who knew her personally. Whether she returned there after being banished a second time, is unknown (I will leave that up to you). It is also rumoured that she visited Argonnessen (true I think, but she was not welcomed, and never found what she was looking for).

* At this stage looking to take levels in Ranger (maybe 2) then Sorcerer next.
[/SBLOCK]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have an OP site for the campaign now!

Click here!

It is still very much a work in progress. There is a map and a little intro. I will send invites to those who are already in my Thirteenth Moon campaign. But if you are not in that campaign, I will need you to PM me your OP screen name so I can invite you to the campaign. I have a couple of characters posted up there already and I will turn them over to their respective players when they have joined the OP campaign.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=21705]Graybeard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] have been sent OP invites. [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], [MENTION=31390]Yttermayn[/MENTION], [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6705220]Red Knight[/MENTION], please PM me your OP screen name so I can send you an invite.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Cool. Got some really good stuff up today on the site. I transferred over all the player characters I could find in the thread which appear to be completed. I transferred Duran and Samon character profiles to Graybeard and Scott DeWar respectively. Red Knight and Lou still appear to need to complete their characters unless I am missing something. Take a look at the site and let me know what you think so far. I'll be adding more as time allows. The IC thread will probably be up in the next two weeks.

Remove ads