(Suspended) OOC 3.5 Eberron Shipwrecked Campaign

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Perhaps I am not picking up on the proper innuendo, but that background you propose, [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], has me a bit befuddled. Perhaps the she-ogre and half-ogre are associated with the monstrous nation of Droaam, or maybe squatters living in the Cogs of Sharn. Not entirely clear on the deal though. Anyway, you should probably work on the details with the other players once we have a full party to ensure you all have good reason to be on the same kind of ship (or at least ships in the same fleet). I included an extra note in the OP about this.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Another note, I may be allowing the Scout (Complete Adventurer), the Favored Soul (Complete Divine), the Knight (Player's Handbook II), and the Warlock (Complete Arcane) as possible character classes to add a touch of variety to your options, but I have not entirely decided yet (if I do allow them, I will provide the rules for the classes to all interested players). I may also allow the Expanded Psionics Handbook (since the existence of psionics is the default assumption in Eberron). These will be entirely optional however, and in the case of psionics, are available in the Hypertext d20 SRD for 3.5. I will NOT be allowing additional spells, magic items, or feats (psionics possibly excluded) from any of these books at the moment however (I have an idea for making additional feats and spells available as rewards for completing quests, but that will come later). Furthermore, characters will be limited to no more than three classes (prestige classes included), so you might want to consider that when thinking about character development.

Magic item creation will probably be limited in some fashion as well (leave that stuff to the NPCs). However, you can expect to see a wide variety of unique (and powerful!) magic items make their appearance in the game as treasure. I will be seeking to make treasure an exciting and interesting part of the game by presenting named items with personality and history which you have never seen before.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was looking for a reason to have giant kin as favored enemy as to my choice of warping of that minor noble. The noble having a secret alliance and all.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well, that would certainly work as justification for having giants as a favored enemy. You might not want to select giants as your first favored enemy though. Xen'Drik has giants aplenty, but you are unlikely to encounter them as low-level characters. I know that is kind of a meta reason, but it makes a certain amount of in-game sense as well. Giants generally don't venture out into the extremities of Xen'Drik where the early campaign would take place. Good choices for early favored enemies would probably be monstrous humanoid, human, vermin, animal, orc, goblinoid, reptillian (quite a few goblin, orc and kobold pirates, hehe) and undead. Favored enemy is such a situational ability that I do not mind letting players of rangers know what good choices might be so that they get the most out of their class abilities (IMHO the ranger class is pretty weak in the first place).

doghead

thotd
I have just been re-reading the Eberron setting book. I had forgotten how good, and how dense, it is.

At this stage I am looking at either Rain (sorcerer) or Hinjo (barbarian), both characters from previous games. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment, so it may be a few days before I can get a proposal up.

... So once we have a critical mass of players, you will need to decide on what type of ship. A merchant vessel traveling to do trade with Stormreach?

I would go with the merchant ship. It allows for a number of options. A slave as part of the manifest. A passenger. A stowaway. A hired blade for the trip.

Magic item creation will probably be limited in some fashion as well (leave that stuff to the NPCs). However, you can expect to see a wide variety of unique (and powerful!) magic items make their appearance in the game as treasure. I will be seeking to make treasure an exciting and interesting part of the game by presenting named items with personality and history which you have never seen before.

Interesting. I like the sound of this. I think exceptional items can make great plot devices.

thotd

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
too bad this isn't pathfinder. I am in the middle of making a dwarvin ranger right now for a semi table top game.

Remove ads