(Suspended) OOC 3.5 Eberron Shipwrecked Campaign

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Substitute "half-ogre" for "hobgoblin" and you have a ready-made tie-in to Eberron. Perhaps the noble he angered was a hobgoblin clan leader of the Darguun Empire?

doghead

thotd
Rain Washes Away Tears of both Joy and Sadness Equally

I reworked Rain for these character creation rules. This is the first draft. Rain is looking for teacher. Her next level will probably be something like fighter or ranger (BAB, armour prof, weapon feats, ride and handle animal). Actually ranger probably would be the best choice.

If Scott takes a ranger, then we could easily make connecting there. Dargunn Empire is just across the water from Valenar.

thotd

Rain, female elf sorcerer 1[sblock=Stats]Alignment: Chaotic Good.
Familiar: Crow (+2 fort save bonus)
Experience Points: 0001

Str 08 [00] -1
Dex 14 [04] +2
Con 12 [06] +1
Int 10 [02] +0
Wis 11 [03] +0
Cha 17 [13] +3

Initiative: +2 _______ [+2 dex]
Armour Class: 12 _____ [base 10, +2 dex]
* Touch 12 * Flat Footed 10.
HD 1d4+1 (hp 5)
BAB: +0

Saves:
* Fort +3 ___________ [0 base, +1 con, +2 familiar]
* Refl +2 ___________ [0 base, +2 dex]
* Will +2 ___________ [2 base, +0 wis]

Skills (2*4) = 8
* Bluff +5 (2 ranks, +3 Cha)
* Concentrate +5 (4 ranks, +1 Con)
* Knowledge Arcane +2 (2 ranks, +0 Int)
* Listen +2 (0 ranks, +0 wis, +2 racial)
* Search +2 (0 ranks, +0 Int, +2 racial)
* Spot +2 (0 ranks, +0 wis, +2 racial)

Spells per Day
* Level 0/1/2/3/4/
* Class 5/3/-/-/-/
* Bonus -/1/1/1/-/
* Total 5/4/0/0/0/
Spells Known
* 4 x 0th - Disrupt Undead, Light, Message, Touch of Fatigue.
* 2 x 1st - Mage Armour, Cause Fear.

Racial Feats and Abilities
* +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
* Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
* Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
* Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
* Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
* Favoured Class: Wizard. A multi-class elf ’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multi-classing.
Class/Level Feats
* [level 1] Weapon Finess

Languages: Common, Elven.

Equipment

Total Weight

Carrying: Light 23, Medium 46, Heavy 70 lb.

Appearance: Age 123, Height 5'2", Weight 101 lb.
[/sblock]

PERSONALITY: Rain is a tearaway, seeming driven by a desire to test her limits. She is not an exceptional person. She is slight of frame although fortunately, fairly of robust health and fleet of foot. She is not prone to reflecting deeply nor has she much time for musty old books. But what she lacks in ability she makes up with sheer determination and an apparent complete lack of fear. Sometimes its enough, sometimes it isn't, and she has numerous scars to prove it.

Generally she is a fairly cheerful person, except when the routines of militia life begin to drag. She has a tendency to directness that has got her into trouble now and then.

Rain has a taste for fine things. Her likes her cloak trimmed with fur, and her jacket made of the finest material embroidered in silver and fastened with worked silver buttons.

BACKGROUND: Rain was born in Valenar. Ever since she was young she the constraints of eleven society as burdensome. She wanted to poke ants nests and explore caves. Her family wanted her to slow down and spend more time mastering her abilities and developing her powers. Rain had little interest in developing her powers. She wanted to learn to wield a sword and ride. Frustrated, Rain set off to seek her learning elsewhere. Perhaps the younger races, so impetuous and short lived, would be better able to help her.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I like the write-up for Rain, although I was hoping to wait on more players before we start creating the party. Just keep your options for now. Sorcerer is obviously your top choice, [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION], but if you are looking to combine it with a martial class you probably won't be able to fill the arcane role as well. If you are planning to do an Eldritch Knight build, your character might be considered more of a versatile melee, especially with the choice of Weapon Finesse as your 1st-level feat.

Here's the players and character concepts proposed thus far:

Graybeard: sorcerer or rogue
Scott De War: dwarf ranger
doghead: elf sorcerer

It's not quite enough to begin putting the campaign together, but we are getting there. I am looking for six.

doghead

thotd
I like the write-up for Rain, although I was hoping to wait on more players before we start creating the party. Just keep your options for now. Sorcerer is obviously your top choice, [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION], but if you are looking to combine it with a martial class you probably won't be able to fill the arcane role as well. If you are planning to do an Eldritch Knight build, your character might be considered more of a versatile melee, especially with the choice of Weapon Finesse as your 1st-level feat.

Cheers. It just a draft, and happy to work with other players to tie things down. Rain was never intended to be particularly optimal (not even sure if the character would count as sensible). Not sure if that is going to cause people distress or not.

I don't know the Eldritch Knight. I'll look it up.

thotd

Edit: Eldritch Knight is an option. But with the third level spell abiltiy requirement, with even just one level of Ranger it won't come into play until 7th level. Not something I am going to have to worry about any time soon.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well I believe in letting players play the characters they want to play. However, I also try to guide them to having characters of roughly similar power. If one player plans to play a hyperoptimized wizard and another wants to play an unoptimized monk that might not be terribly enjoyable to the monk player unless he or she is happy practically sitting out during many combat situations or being relegated to roleplay. I just don't want someone to feel left out because they end up with a character that cannot contribute much.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
are you sure you don't want to go with Pathfinder rpg on this? I might be able to find a few more players.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am really hesitant to open the floodgate that is PF. I might be persuaded to use a PF/3.5 hybrid of some sort. PF had some good ideas. They eliminated most dead levels, condensed a number of skills which I felt needed to be condensed, and coalesced the tactical maneuvers into a single unified mechanic under CMB and CMD. But just about everything else was superfluous to me. Most every class got a huge power boost, they added a fly skill (which I still feel is daft), pumped up the ability of characters to boost skills by way too much. To whit, they came up with a bad idea for pretty much every good idea. But coming up with a hybrid that doesn't confuse people is an effort in futility in my experience. It is easier to just use one or the other, and I strongly prefer 3.5. Maybe, just maybe, I could use PF with only the core rulebook, but I'd rather not.

Remove ads