(Suspended) OOC 3.5 Eberron Shipwrecked Campaign

doghead

thotd
The PF sorcerer is immensely more powerful than the 3.5 sorcerer.

Really? The better hit dice, unlimited caltrips, Bloodline class skills, feats, spells, arcana and powers make it more powerful? Huummm ... I didn't notice.

Plus I would have to convert all my ready-made Eberron stuff to PF. As much as Paizo claims the rules are compatible, they changed just enough to make conversion a headache.

I was wondering what you would do with the Eberron races and classes. Trying to bring them all up to PF speed would be quite a task. Not one I would want to take on.

I usually consolidate skills into Perception and Stealth. I like the idea of allowing Perception checks to find traps. I'm not keen on managing 1/2 skill levels. But ultimately, none of it is important enough to to have a significant impact on my decision whether or not to join a game.

I would be similarly reluctant to switch to PF. I went with PF for my current game. But as you pointed out, its a different ball game if you are starting from scratch with a home-brew world. I am keen to start, but happy enough to wait and see if we can get a few more players for 3.5 game.

thotd

doghead

thotd
On a related note, if we don't get any more players is starting with just three characters an option?

The big hole in the party is healing as it stands now. (Oh! Look! A chest of healing potions just floated ashore!) Or we could just live dangerously.

Start at 2nd level? (Yay! Favoured enemy!)

Gestalt characters? Dual PC levels is a bit fiddly. Gestalt PC/NPC game? (That's Lady Rain to you!) I ran a game along these lines with three characters. But I like small groups.

A couple of NPC's? (You want me to have all your gold? You are such a dear!)

Just my two cents worth. For what its worth. Which is probably about two cents. Maybe less.

thotd

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I was actually starting to think I might start everyone off with a paragon level and 1st-level in something else. As the game progressed, I would grant additional paragon levels as a bonus. You'd still be treated as 1st-level characters from the start for purposes of things like experience points. I'm not gonna toss NPCs into the mix. Gestalt is probably a means of last resort.

As I stated earlier, I am not ready to begin this campaign immediately. It might be a month or two before I get it up and running. I need to make sure real-life stuff is taken care of first.

doghead

thotd
Took me a while to find the material. Never used the paragon classes before. I didn't really think that the contents matched the description on the box.

Not sure I would choose to take one as an alternate level, at least for Rain. But then I have never been much good at mixing and matching, so perhaps I am just not seeing the possibilities. And looks like it is more for wizard elves. As a bonus level, sure, it ands some crunchy goodness. Especially the half-dragon paragon.

Bloodlines looked interesting (I'm not lobbying for it here - just clearing out the loose change). I think if I ran another 3.5 game, I would give serious consideration to incorporating them as an option.

Anyway. Its way late, and I have tup be up early.

thotd

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The paragon levels would be bonus levels to represent that your characters are real heroes, separated from the typical NPCs. They wouldn't affect your experience level or character level for the purposes of earning experience. E.g. if you were a 1st-level paragon/1st-level sorcerer, you would still start at 0 experience, require 1,000 experience points to level, and receive experience points as if you were a 1st-level character.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
look at that. I blink and I miss a ton of posts.

I have made my case. Defense rests.

now need to rest up from being at my lawyer's office.

Red Knight

First Post
I'm not making any promises but I'll see if I can't find my 3.5 books. I would need to know, beyond the Core and Eberron books, what classes/feats/races. I'm thinking rogue and race would be based on the answer to the previous question.

I'm also having some trouble accessing the site and with some posting.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=6705220]Red Knight[/MENTION], all the core classes plus the artificer and all core races plus the changeling, shifter, kalashtar, and warforged. I will probably allow the psion, psychic warrior, soulknife, and wilder classes as well (but no additional psionic races). I am considering allowing the knight (PHII), favored soul (CD), scout (CAd), and warlock (CAr) as I feel they fit in well with the setting. Feats are limited to the core rulebooks, Eberron Campaign Setting and Expanded Psionics Handbook. I will go and put this information up in the OP for reference. I am still deciding on some of the details.

Not having any problems with EN World on my side. It's actually been remarkably stable and fast over the last month or so.

Remove ads