• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Taming the Taman-Busuk game thread: Outpost 1

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
What follows is the account of the Rose Knight Deregan O' Connor and his band, sent to investigate the mysterious happenings in the Solamnic Outposts of the Taman-Busuk The tale begins on World Tree, the 16th day of Autumn Harvest, 355 AC.

Solinari is at low sanction
Lunitari is waning gibbous
Nuitari is full

The journey from Solace to the outpost is as uneventful as one can hope for: a calm ship voyage then three days' ride from Haligoth, with only a couple herds of bison as your company. Sir Deregan, the veteran knight appointed this mission, has briefed you at length as to the nature of the threat and your task in this matter. You break camp early in the morning and Deregan addresses you.

We should reach the outpost by midmorning; it's another league or two at the most. Have any of you any questions for me before we arrive?

Velmont

First Post
Yeblin gather all his things from the breakfast, he licks them before cleining them with some water. Once all is clean, he put all in his backpack, including a large pot and some wood that should fit all at once in his backpack. He put his backpack on his back and walk next to Myst. "I've never been in this region. I've heard there is a lot of bad and impolite persons. Like draconians and goblins. You know, the army of the evil dragon came up to kendermore. It wasn't fun all the time, but you should have seen there leader. That one was funny. I was forced to make a meal for him once. I did my best spicy meal. He didn't like it. I don't know what he found so bad in my super explosive chicken, it is always fun to see everyone reaction around the table when you eat that. The secret ingredient is pepper. you put a lot of pepper. Some choke, some stands up and turns around. Some show there tongue, or drink three mug of water... but the funniest was that Hobgoblin. He was rolling on the ground, throwing insult and curses... you know, goblin language is such a fnny language to insult someone. They have so many insult. Do you want to hear some insult in goblin, you should here them, they are nasty. When we do an insult challenge among kenders, generally, he best use a few goblin's insult, at least since teh war, where we got many from them."

Gorash StoneBless.

Eva of Sirrion said:
We should reach the outpost by midmorning; it's another league or two at the most. Have any of you any questions for me before we arrive?
Yes, one question!
the stout dwarf says and turns to Yeblin.
Did you see one of my pitons, it was here just a moment ago!

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Your piton? No, I havn't seen it. You should be more carefull with your things, you know. I don't know how big people like you guys always lost your things. But if you want one of mine, I don't have much use of them." The small kender walk next to Gorash and put his backpack on the ground, he search through it and take out a piton from his backpack, which is not Gorash's one. He hands it to the dwarf. "Here, take this one." He then close his backpack and put it back on his back.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sleight of Hand roll to pick pocket Gorash's personal mug: 21. Beat a DC:20. Yeblin have Gorash's mug. DC:21 to spot him doing it. ;) But you can add a piton in your stock. [/SBLOCK]

Lot

First Post
Kell steps forward, absently strumming his bowstring with his thumb.

"Sir, we're posing as replacements, correct? We're not supposed to reveal our true purpose here. But we don't look like a normal bunch of soldiers to me. Quite the opposite, actually. What's our cover story?"

Kell speaks with his head down and his eyes on the floor. His voice's volume is barely above a whisper.

Lot

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
I'm sorry was someone speaking? Deregan walks over to Kell. Was that you Kell? Say again and pop off like you mean it soldier!

Kell looks up at the Deregan; his stare unwavering but undefiant.

"No disrespect intended, sir. I am of once noble blood but I have no knightly upbringing. Forgive my low bearing. I am not used to speaking in the manner you want me to. I wanted to know how we, the kender and dwarf and the large one over there, would appear to simply be replacements?"

Kell's voice is slightly louder than before. He rephrases his question with no obvious sarcasm and maybe even a bit of shame.

Voadam

Legend
The big ugly Kinnan smiles at his comrade encouragingly "C'mon Kell, we're the good knight's men at arms and retainers. We walk through the mud to swing our swords instead of riding, and can mingle and chat with the servants, townsfolk, and other ordinary soldiers. After the war and code revisions motley crews like ours are half expected so a dwarf smith and a kender cook in his lordship's retinue are not unexpected. Remember you are a warrior in Sir Deregan's service, be friendly, and keep your eyes open. Just don't be obvious you're looking for black robes, dark clerics, and spies. It'll be easy enough."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads