• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "complete" list of announced 4e 3pp products

Jack99

Adventurer
All I can say is that it will be released, and it will not be under the current GSL. I've actually hired someone to rewrite (who has already finshed the first adventure and the two guides), so it's not speculative: it's underway. :)

Okay. This time it was crystal clear. Thanks. I have the original serie, and I think the 4e ruleset will be a much better fit. I will definitely buy at least a couple and see how it has turned out.

Cheers

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Correct. But to use your example, FR is fairly vanilla DND. A psionic based alien-inspired world would probably generate monsters that would not fit in a "normal" campaign. Ofc, YMMV, but that would be my guess, hence my question.

I see what you are saying, though I don't really agree. Monsters are one of the easiest thing to get into a game regardless of setting. If you are trying to put something from steampunk or scifi into fantasy, that can present a tougher challenge, but if you are just a bit creative it shouldn't present much of an issue.

I'm not trying to berate you or go off on a tirade or anything, it just always bothered me when people say that a certain set of monsters just can't fit. To answer your question though, the monsters are from our own world. They may be a bit more out of the ordinary than other creatures, but aren't monsters supposed to be unique and exciting?

Jack99

Adventurer
I see what you are saying, though I don't really agree. Monsters are one of the easiest thing to get into a game regardless of setting. If you are trying to put something from steampunk or scifi into fantasy, that can present a tougher challenge, but if you are just a bit creative it shouldn't present much of an issue.

I'm not trying to berate you or go off on a tirade or anything, it just always bothered me when people say that a certain set of monsters just can't fit. To answer your question though, the monsters are from our own world. They may be a bit more out of the ordinary than other creatures, but aren't monsters supposed to be unique and exciting?

Thanks for the answer. And to answer your question, yes they are supposed to be unique. I just happen to think they can get too weird. For example, I never ever used a single monster from the 2e Spelljammer MC. Maybe I just never "got them", but they were just too weird for me.

Cheers

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am not familiar with your 3.x work, so I have no idea if I would find your monsters too weird for me, so I will definitely check it out when it comes. But maybe just not buy it unseen, as I do with a lot of other stuff.

Last edited:

Angellis_ater

First Post
Don't forget Dreamscarred Press' "Phrenic Power: Phrenic Shards" available here: Dreamscarred Press - The Definitive Source for d20 Psionics › Dreamscarred Press PDF Store › Phrenic Power: Phrenic Shards

thumb_DSPPP001-500.jpg

soulkeeper

First Post
They make some of the best adventures in the business. Certainly better than WotC.

I agree with this on the Goodman Games. I have not played a 4e adventure yet, but they were very solid in 3.5

I will note however, and with you coming back, this may not matter, but I prefer the WotC adventure setup, when the whole map zoom in, enemy placement, tactics and what not. I tried looking at their examples and so far have not seen this in their layout.

avin

First Post
Talked to Jason Kempton, about CC4E, Scarred Land's fluff it's in:

"Preview will be available in about a week – release most likely towards end of November."

"We are keeping [and editing] the fluff - thats the best part! Of course, all the stats will be 4E - but I see no point in having boring monster entries - they should be exciting!"

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
i'm curious as to whether or not these publications will be out under the 4e gsl as it stands, wait until a new one comes out and maybe go gsl then,or if they are going to go the "copyright route", for lack of a better phrase, and use the ogl, and thereby make a 3.x/pathfinder version of the products as well. we'll see i guess.

Remove ads