"The Marvels" - Teaser

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This definitely has a fun energy. It also might be an interesting way to "depower" captain marvel for a movie so she isn't a win button, if she can't use her powers without switching it could create some interesting complexities.
It looks like the big three person fight scene is after they figure out how to use it to their advantage. This is the kind of schtick that would be amazing in the hands of someone who's really good at conveying what's going on in combat sequences.
I'm mainly hoping that Captain Marvel having some people with her will balance her out and give her a chance to grow as a character, as that has been a common critique for her.
A lot of the people complaining about the last movie were never going to be satisfied with it, for reasons that have nothing to do with the writing.

Stalker0

Legend
A lot of the people complaining about the last movie were never going to be satisfied with it, for reasons that have nothing to do with the writing.
There are that group its true, but honestly the Captain Marvel movie has many narrative problems. I won't go into all of them there, but one of the principal ones is Captain Marvel herself, most of her notes as a character are either from flashbacks or comments from secondary characters.

We never get a true feeling of what she wants, how she feels about everything that has happened to her, etc.

This is a chance to correct that, now that she has had some time to rediscover herself after her amnesia, we get a new chance to meet this character and see what she is really like.

Ryujin

Legend
There are that group its true, but honestly the Captain Marvel movie has many narrative problems. I won't go into all of them there, but one of the principal ones is Captain Marvel herself, most of her notes as a character are either from flashbacks or comments from secondary characters.

We never get a true feeling of what she wants, how she feels about everything that has happened to her, etc.

This is a chance to correct that, now that she has had some time to rediscover herself after her amnesia, we get a new chance to meet this character and see what she is really like.
I'd say that there are about 10 seconds, during a fight scene, in which she completely and totally conveys what she wants. And that she got it.

Clint_L

Hero
Looks super fun! The first one was a solid "B"; this one should focus more on what makes Danvers tick. Kamala Khan is obviously awesome. Monica Rambeau was kind of just there in Scarlet Witch, so I hope she gets more of a character arc here.

Remove ads