The Sky Breathes All Life - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
My net access is really on-again/off-again until November when I finally move into a place of my own with net access. Hopefullly I'll be able to post several times a week, but I just don't know.

tylermalan

First Post
That's totally fine, post as often as you can, the spot is yours, after all! On that note, when you CAN post, try to post as much info as possible, so the responses you get can spur the game onward a little more.

AmorFati

First Post
OK people, I am back, more or less! I have a lot of catching up to do in all of the games I run and play in, but I'll get back in as soon as possible!

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Any chance of doing a one-time-only NPC job on either Jonathon or LordWyrm's character to keep the story moving?

I hate to say it, but I had a player play with me for 4 weeks and then suddenly just quit playing without saying goodbye or anything. I think some people just like making characters but when it comes to PbP RP they don't keep coming back for the long haul.

Now, I'm not saying this is what happened with Jemal or Lord Wyrm - after all Jemal said he wouldn't be on much until November ... but to me I think you would be in your rights as a DM to NPC him if he hasn't posted in a day or two (since you said this was a post per day kinda game). And by NPC I don't mean do anything other than get them to say whatever is preventing the other characters who are online from moving on and joining other active players ... maybe?

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, of course ... I just don't want the players who are around to get frustrated and give up when a little harmless NPC job could get the game going again. But ultimately, as in all the games I play in, I live by the DM. If the DM wants to wait we wait. If the DM thinks he's given fair amount of time and NPC's a few characters that's cool too.

Or even just give Sye someone who interrupts her conversation with Lord Wyrms's character would mean avoiding NPCing the character. After all, her initial inquiry wasn't to anyone specific, Lord Wyrm just jumped on it then left Sye dangling there....

Well, anyway. I stand by the DM. Just trying to help get the game back to some kind of regular flow, that's all.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...for what it's worth, I wanna get more involved, but my character is kinda isolated from everyone but Jon and Creepy Guy. :)

I'm still around, still playing though.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well ... in game you could try and maneuver your character into the tent where Sye is. Remember, Sye is currently in the evening in her timeline, your character is not quite there timewise. So it would still be possible for your character to finish the task at hand and be in the tent when Sye performed - and then strike up a conversation ... Cause Sye will talk to anyone, that's just who she is. So if you can ... feel free to join Sye in the tent.

Besides, she is one of the advisors regarding troop morale, so it would make sense for her to talk to any and everyone ... get a feel of the troops, so to speak.

tylermalan

First Post
Yeah, I agree with you about doing some NPCing with Jemal's character to keep the game moving, and will do so today! Now that Lord Wyrm's back, we don't have to worry about that.

Remove ads