Trick or treat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grehnhewe

First Post
Sugar is poison and must be banned! It is obviously the only reasonable solution!
*runs around wildly waving arms*
Yes! And thanksgiving is next. People hopped up on tryptophan and low-fat protein...there will be people jumping off bridges and passing out watching football. The people need guidance. :)

FYI My work was part of a local trick or treat event this afternoon. All the little kids in costume so excited, eyes blood shot and mouths foaming from all the sugar...so awesome! It is up to the parents if they eat all the candy tonight or over the next few weeks. Although barfing off candy is probably a life lesson.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We had wonderful weather for trick or treating: mid-60s to low 70s, a nice breeze and clear skies. I had the equivalent of 6 massive bags of candy. I was ready for hordes of kids...

And this year's crowd was sparse.:confused:

I did my usual, giving it candy by my not-so-small hands full...and I only gave away about half of what I bought.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Well, that was a pretty poor showing: just over a dozen Trick-or-Treaters total. A couple of individuals, and a few small groups. Last few years I had easily twice as many or more. Is Trick-or-Treating disappearing from the country? Has it become the providence of the shopping mall and stores to give people the illusion of safety?

Now, If you'll excuse me, I have 3 bags of unopened candy to deal with.

(ah, the classic vomitorium jokes... I remember those)

Klirshon

First Post
Vomitoriums Vomitoria are still used frequently. They just aren't designed for the misconception that a designated vomiting station would provide.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or, to spell it out:
vom·i·to·ry
ˈväməˌtôrē/
adjective
denoting the entrance or exit passages in a theater or amphitheater.
rare
relating to or inducing vomiting.
noun
another term for vomitorium (sense 1).

vom·i·to·ri·um
ˌväməˈtôrēəm/
noun
each of a series of entrance or exit passages in an ancient Roman amphitheater or theater.
a place in which, according to popular misconception, the ancient Romans are supposed to have vomited during feasts to make room for more food.

Yes, I am a member of the Fun Police. Also, a quick reminder: by law, editing "of the Fun Police" from the prior sentence is a misdemeanor violation when used to mock the office or persons of the Fun Police. Fun Code §8701.45(d).

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, the vomitorium was simply the the passageways which allowed the crowd to leave ampitheatres like the Coliseum. It has nothing whatsoever to do with vomiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads