TV show Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starts Production in 2024

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Then I'm afraid I'm back to not understanding what you were expecting of me in your initial response, I'm afraid.

I didn't really expect anything from you, personally. I posted to explore a thought, that's all. If you didn't want to engage, just not responding would have been fine by me.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I didn't really expect anything from you, personally. I posted to explore a thought, that's all. If you didn't want to engage, just not responding would have been fine by me.

Then I simply misunderstood, as it appeared to be an objection to my point (which is the sort of thing that, while perhaps not demanding a response, rather expects it).

Andromeda was good for its first two seasons. But there was a conflict between the series creator Robert Hewett Wolfe (who was working from Roddenberry's notes) and the studio and lead actor (Kevin Sorbo).

Basically, Sorbo wanted it to be the Adventures of Kevin Sorbo. The studio kind of agreed, because they felt Wolfe's complex continuing storylines were a barrier to entry. The studio and Sorbo aligned, but RHW didn't.

You can tell exactly when they ran out of Wolfe scripts. Distinct and sudden change in character of the show. And it wasn't great from that point on.

Kevin Sorbo's side is very different on that note, it was mostly the studio that got rid of Wolfe, Sorbo voted to keep him, as did some else, but got out voted by the others.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Kevin Sorbo's side is very different on that note, it was mostly the studio that got rid of Wolfe, Sorbo voted to keep him, as did some else, but got out voted by the others.

Shrug. Sorbo is quoted as saying that RHW was a genius, but that his stories were too complicated. And his desire to make it the Adventures of Captain Sorbo, instead of the adventures of an ensemble, still holds. It was the hallmark of his turn as Executive Producer on the series.

Remove ads