TV show Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starts Production in 2024

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
There's this thing called deleting a message if you decide its a mistake. I've done it several times.

You can't rewrite. To rewrite is to deceive and lie, and you betray your thoughts. To rethink the flow and the rhythm, the tumbling out of words is a betrayal. Not just a betrayal.

It's a sin, Thomas. A sin.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Andromeda had one pretty good season.

Then it got Sorbo'd.

eta- I see that you wrote pretty much the same thing I did, but I didn't see it.

The second season is more controversial; it had some good episodes and some really bad ones, but you could already see the downwards slope.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Regarding the fall of the Federation, I think I want to make a couple points.

1. There's no reason to even think the best culture or government is going to last forever. There are always going to be outside and inside forces that can gnaw away at it. That's not pessimistic, its just not assuming perfection. And the time-gap here is, bluntly, huge.

2. The Burn was in no particularly meaningful way the Federation's fault. It was very much an out of context problem they reacted to as well as anyone could. Then they spent a long time trying to work around what was fundamentally a resource problem.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So I'm a sinner. Wouldn't be the first person to call me that. :)

I mean, with the weekend release of His Only Son AND DADHAT (which is what I insist people call the D&D movie), we have something for both the church-goers and the Satanists!

What? Too soon?

#imPULLINGyourleg

No, I don't. Made that pretty clear, basically since season 1 dropped ;) Could not bring myself to go back, despite trying several times.
Oh, well in the 32nd century the Federation/Starfleet exists as a bunch of ships and one floating starbase with all the ships linked into making a cloaking shield bubble around everything. And in the 32nd century Earth is not a member anymore.....

Hollywood does actually do those tropiest of tropes, over and over again. Have you watched "The Ark"? Pretty much any CW show?
I love the Ark! It's like Stargate Universe season 4 :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
you wanted me to broaden my statement past my intended purpose.

No, I wanted to examine the point beyond its origins.

I didn't feel obliged. That's all there is to it.

Ah. It would have been good for you to say that two iterations of this back. "Thanks, but that's not a conversation I want to have," is a fair response.

There's this thing called deleting a message if you decide its a mistake. I've done it several times.

Hooray for you?

I mean, there's a thing called not responding to discussion you are not interested in, too, which I do all the time. But you didn't seem to choose that route.

Are we done now?

Ryujin

Legend
There were two, actually. Besides Genesis II, there was "Strange New World"; there's some signs that Genesis II was essentially another shot at virtually the same concept.
I wasn't sure of Roddenberry's involvement in either "Strange New World" or "Planet Earth", so I didn't mention them. I definitely knew that "Genesis II" involved many of the same beats as were eventually used in "Andromeda", and that it was in all likelihood the seed for it.

MarkB

Legend
Oh, well in the 32nd century the Federation/Starfleet exists as a bunch of ships and one floating starbase with all the ships linked into making a cloaking shield bubble around everything. And in the 32nd century Earth is not a member anymore.....
Earth is back in the Federation at the end of season 4, saving the planet tends to be persuasive in such things.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Are we done now?

I don't know, are you? I stop responding when I feel its appropriate. And I rarely do so just because someone else decides I should. That doesn't force other people to continue if they don't want to, and I've said many times "Want a conversation to stop? Just stop. Don't wait around for the other person to do so."

Remove ads